Advertisement

Review for Detective Comics #826

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Review for Detective Comics #826

Postby LOLtron » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:13 pm

Title: Detective Comics #826Writer: Paul DiniPenciler: Don KramerPublisher: DC ComicsReviewed by John Lewis and Tony “DeadFett” MourlotJohn Lewis: SPOILERS SPACE FOR OL’ ST. NICK!!! In this issue, the Joker spreads some Christmas spirit with his buddy, Robin.I thought this issue was great. Being a huge fan of the Joker, it had everything I wanted. Humor, [...]
Title: Detective Comics #826
Writer: Paul Dini
Penciler: Don Kramer
Publisher: DC Comics
Reviewed by John Lewis and Tony “DeadFett” Mourlot

John Lewis: S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S SPACE FOR OL’ ST. NICK!!! In this issue, the Joker spreads some Christmas spirit with his buddy, Robin.

I thought this issue was great. Being a huge fan of the Joker, it had everything I wanted. Humor, some suspense, and more humor. I can’t help but to root for Ol’ Jokes (thank god he’s not real). What do you think, Rudolph?

Tony Mourlot:I’m also a huge Joker fan and thought this issue was great. I love Dini’s writing. He has a great grasp on all the characters. The Joker in this issue was crazy but very calculating. I loved how he planted the car to give Robin a sense of hope. The scene at the fast food restaurant was probably my favorite moment of the book. I’ve never wanted to shoot a fast food employee, but there’s been times I would’ve liked to question their intelligence. My only complaint is Robin not recognizing the Joker before getting into the car. Tim’s a good detective and, to me, he would’ve recognized the voice and known better. Other than that, this issue was just about perfect. What did you think of the art Dancer?

John Lewis: That’s true about Robin recognizing Jokes’s voice but he might’ve been changing his voice or Robin might be thinking too much about getting away from the other criminials.

Art was great. Almost felt like Kramer was made for drawing Ol’ Nutso. What About you, Comet?

Tony Mourlot:Well Blitzen, I loved the art. Don Kramer did a great job of capturing the tension between The Joker and Robin. And you’re right, Kramer draws a damn near perfect laughing boy. He did a fantastic job with all the various facial expressions of The Joker. If The Joker was ever to get his own mini series Kramer would be the man to draw it.

After second thought, I think you’re right about Robin. He may have been so intent on escaping that he didn’t pay enough attention to the voice. Anything else to add Cupid?

John Lewis: Nope, Vixen.

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2006-12-09 02:13:16

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand