Advertisement

Rave Ups: The Clash - Westway To The World

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 243 posts

Rave Ups: The Clash - Westway To The World

Postby LOLtron » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 pm

The Clash - Westway To The WorldThis documentary was released in 2000 before Joe Strummers death on December 22nd 2002.  The movie is a pretty dry re-telling of the bands history straight from interviews specially filmed for this documentary from each of the bands members.Included in the movie is a treasure trove of live footage [...]Image

The Clash - Westway To The World

This documentary was released in 2000 before Joe Strummers death on December 22nd 2002.  The movie is a pretty dry re-telling of the bands history straight from interviews specially filmed for this documentary from each of the bands members.

Included in the movie is a treasure trove of live footage of the band from before the first record all the way up to their last performance.  You will get a smattering of short clips of interviews from other characters from the bands past, but the interview footage is mostly from the main group members.  I definitely think that the documentary would have benefited from the inclusion of  interviews from a wider variety of people, but I guess it is what it is.  Even though the documentary comes off a little plain, I would say its a must see for big Clash fans.  If you one of those…  check it out by renting it, buying it, or just watch it on Youtube.

Directed by Don Letts, the British bedreaded DJ from The Clash’s early days playing at the early London punk club The Roxy.  Bonus features include hard to find minidoc/concert film about there shows in Madison Square Garden in 1981 Clash On Broadway.

Other Clash related film projects that are worth mentioning:

The Punk Rock Movie- 1978

Rude Boy - 1980

Joe Strummer - The Future Is Unwritten - 2006 (I’ll post on this one soon)

Posted originally: 2009-03-11 21:15:01

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand