Advertisement

GLX's Side Dishes 3/27/09

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

GLX's Side Dishes 3/27/09

Postby LOLtron » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 am

GLX review this week's new comic releases.Fantastic Four #565

This issue was stale. Sure, there is a good bit of action, but none of it was striking. Hitch's art was supurb, but good art can only help a comic to a point. Probably the worst issue that I've seen that featured Millar and Hitch. Hopefully, the Masters of Doom story will be good.

6* out of 10*

Runaways #8

Molly Hayes rules the comic with some nice moments. The evil DJ/zombie schtick isn't doing much for me. Takeshi Miyazawa and Christina Strain turn out some solid art. An entertaining issue.

7.8* out of 10*

Guardians of the Galaxy #12

Great character work within this issue. The dialogue was sharp, all around. Looks like some interesting stuff is in the works with characters. The true champions of this comic aren't Abnett and Lanning but Craig and Quintana. Those two delivered some kick ass art that is probably the best this comic has looked.

8* out of 10*

Thunderbolts #130

After reading Deadpool #8(NOTE: Part 1 of the Deadpool/Thunderbolts crossover), I wasn't excited for the next issue. Then, I remembered that Andy Diggle was writing this issue and that it would probably rock. Turns out, this issue kicked ass. Deadpool is written well by Diggle, who tends to make him more enjoyable than Way's Deadpool comic. Add to that some nice Bong Dazo art, and this comic is a winner.

8.1* out of 10*

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand