Advertisement

Review for All-Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #7

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 168 posts

Review for All-Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #7

Postby LOLtron » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:14 am

Writer: Frank MillerArtist: Jim LeePublisher: DC ComicsReviewed by Tony MourlotTrainwreck. That’s the first word that comes to mind with this book. Frank Miller has lost his goddamn mind. This book is so over the top and absurd yet I can’t look away. Or be entertained by it. I turn in each page in anticipation for [...]
Writer: Frank Miller

Artist: Jim Lee

Publisher: DC Comics

Reviewed by Tony Mourlot

Trainwreck. That’s the first word that comes to mind with this book. Frank Miller has lost his goddamn mind. This book is so over the top and absurd yet I can’t look away. Or be entertained by it. I turn in each page in anticipation for what is to come next. Whether it’s Batman getting some from Black Canary, a barrage of goddamns, a shut the hell up or queer batmobiles. I love this book like I love a bad B-movie. It’s just goddamn fun. I love how shit the bed crazy Batman is portrayed. I like how one reviewer mentioned that the story is possibly shown from Dick’s point of view to explain how crazy Bats is. If that’s the case, it’s brilliant. If not, well, it’s been pure comedy gold for me. Given the nature and tone of the series, I can’t wait for the next goddamn issue with the goddamn Joker.

It’s goddamn Jim Lee. My all time favorite artist. I love his work. Especially the way he draws women. I could watch him draw paint drying and I would love it.

Brilliant or insane? I don’t which is yet but I’m going to keep reading. This book is just so much fun.

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-09-29 05:14:07

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand