Advertisement

Your Top Modern Characters part 73

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Your Top Modern Characters part 73

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:30 am

We are at 125 folks, how do you feel? I feel good about this. Yay.

126. Parallax (29 points)

Year first appeared: 1994

At the dawn of sentience in the universe a yellow entity of living fear known as Parallax was born. It created terror and spread paranoia throughout the universe feasting upon the fear it created - infecting and destroying entire star systems.

The Guardians of the Universe could not destroy the yellow entity and were forced to trap it within the newly formed Power Battery, a device that focused the Willpower of all sentient beings. The imprisonment of Parallax created a flaw which made Green Lantern rings ineffective against the color yellow and the Guardians' champions the Green Lanterns susceptible to the only thing that could break their will - fear.

After the destruction of Coast City by Mongul and the Cyborg Superman; Green Lantern, Hal Jordan, sought the power from the Guardians of the Universe to resurrect the city and its inhabitants, but was denied.

Insane with grief Jordan became susceptible to the influence of Parallax, newly reawakened by the rogue Green Lantern - Sinestro, who had also been imprisoned within the Central Power Battery. Working his way into Jordan's mind Parallax influenced him to destroy the Main Power Battery and absorb its energies giving him full influence over his body and soul.

Damn, I hate that stupid retcon.

Image125. Head (29 points)

Year first appeared: 2006

"Have Tuscaderos or submission! Gail Simone's comic relief in All-New Atom was a reformed giant disembodied head of a miniaturized alien from a race intent on conquering Earth, who spoke near-gibberish, flew, shot laser beams from his eyes, and got intoxicated off spray EZ-Cheese; and every time he showed up, he absolutely stole whatever scene he was in; tremendously funny."

One of the greatest characters ever created. Should be in the Top 100? Yes. I am happy he made it in the Top 125? Yes. I mean how can a giant floating head not be friggin’ cool? This is why people should've read The Atom. Gail Simone rocked this book. Big time. Big, big time.

Anywho, Head is literally a floating head. He has a greenish skin tone and eyes that vary between milky green and black. Whether he is organic is questionable. He has said that he is married. His speech is difficult to understand. His language is littered with multiple tenses. Since being stranded, he has become addicted to both American television (specifically, Happy Days) and spray cheese. He also drinks beer.

Image124. Quinlan Vos (29 points - 2 first place slots)

Year first appeared: 1998

I am shocked by all the Star Wars love on this list, I should go out and find some Star Wars comics now. Damn you for making me spend more money. DAMN YOU ALL!!!

Quinlan Vos was a Kiffar Jedi Master in the Jedi Order and a General in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. He hailed from the planet Kiffu in the Inner Rim Territories.

With long, dreadlocked hair and a band of pale yellow across his upper face, Vos was gifted with psychometric powers which allowed him to "read memories" from inanimate objects through physical contact.

Vos had an ongoing struggle with the dark side of the Force, particularly after he sustained recurrent amnesia after he overdosed on an illegal drug administered by an enemy shortly after the Battle of Naboo. The Sith Lords Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus both showed an interest in him.

He was a prominent participant in the Clone Wars, one of the few survivors of the Great Jedi Purge and, with his lover Khaleen Hentz, conceived a son named Korto Vos. Vos was openly disdainful to clones, which lead to him being disliked by clones and hated by Sergeant Kal Skirata.

Discuss

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand