Advertisement

Review for Batman Confidential #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Review for Batman Confidential #1

Postby LOLtron » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:59 pm

Title: Batman Confidential #1Writer: Andy DigglePenciler: Whilce PortacioPublisher: DCReviewed by John Lewis and Tony “DeadFett” MourlotTony Mourlot: This is the first issue in a new Batman series. This arc begins shortly after Batman’s Year One. I thought the story here was fairly good. I like seeing the young Batman who is a little unsure of [...]
Title: Batman Confidential #1

Writer: Andy Diggle

Penciler: Whilce Portacio

Publisher: DC

Reviewed by John Lewis and Tony “DeadFett” Mourlot

Tony Mourlot: This is the first issue in a new Batman series. This arc begins shortly after Batman’s Year One. I thought the story here was fairly good. I like seeing the young Batman who is a little unsure of his mission. It makes him seem a little more human than the regular DCU version. I enjoyed the appearance of Lucius Fox. The scene with him and Bruce reminded me of Batman Begins. I enjoyed seeing Bruce get as much face time as Batman did. The part with Bruce and Lex in bidding for the contracts gave us a glimpse of Bruce we don’t see that often anymore. What did you think of this issue?

John Lewis: Lex Luthor is bald.

Tony Mourlot: No shit…I never noticed…

John Lewis: It’s an often over-looked fact.Okay, I guess I should be serious *pulls up pants*. I’m a huge fan of Diggle’s stuff but thought this issue was only so-so. I did like the Luthor-Wayne interaction and think that a more human-like Batman is best but it just felt like something was missing from it from making it really great. It has potential.

Tony Mourlot: I didn’t really care for the art that much. I haven’t see much of Portacio’s work since he did X-Factor and Uncanny X-Men years ago at Marvel. I liked his art then but looking at this issue had me wondering what happened. I thought his backgrounds and layouts were good here but the characters, mostly their faces, looked bad to me. What are your thoughts on the art? And this time, leave your pants on.

John Lewis: NEVER!!!Yeah, I agree. I think his Alfred was the best but didn’t look too Alfred-y. I really didn’t dig his Luthor though with the shadowing instead of pupils.

Tony Mourlot: I definitely plan on getting the second issue. I like where it’s headed so far. Anyhting else to add?

John Lewis: Yeah, I’m getting the second too. Make-or-break issue.

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2006-12-12 00:59:21

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand