Advertisement

Review: Scalped #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 243 posts

Review: Scalped #4

Postby LOLtron » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:54 am

Title: Scalped #4Writer: Jason AaronArtist: R.M. GuéraPublisher: Vertigo/ DCReviewed by john lewisScalped sure has been an interesting ride. Aaron’s and Guéra’s story about a FBI agent, Dashiell “Dash” Bad Horse, returning to his old home, an Indian reservation, to be a officer of the law has been one hell of a bumpy ride and with [...]
ImageTitle: Scalped #4
Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: R.M. Guéra
Publisher: Vertigo/ DC
Reviewed by john lewis

Scalped sure has been an interesting ride. Aaron’s and Guéra’s story about a FBI agent, Dashiell “Dash” Bad Horse, returning to his old home, an Indian reservation, to be a officer of the law has been one hell of a bumpy ride and with issue numero four Aaron and Guéra focus on Dash’s mother, Gina, and the leader of the reservation, Red Crow.

The issue explains that back in the 70’s Red Crow had invovlement in two murders while Gina was around which, I guess, ended their relationship. As Gina searches for her son, who’s busy spying on Red Crow’s daughter, she and Red Crow ponder about their relationship.

Except for the first issue, I think this was the strongest issue so far as it dealt with two characters who have influenced the previous story yet were mostly minor characters. Plus, I got a feeling Dash is secretly a mommy’s boy. *insert shit-eating smilie here*

To discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-04-05 12:54:53

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand