Advertisement

Advanced Review- Roadkill Zoo TP

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Advanced Review- Roadkill Zoo TP

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:53 pm

Title: Roadkill Zoo TPWriter: Nicole JonesArtist: Budi “Buddy” SetiawanPublisher: Novaris EntertainmentThe story is a group of college kids and two Southern men get attack by undead voodoo priest and his magical roadkill.Admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of horror stories and while the art was good and the concept’s interesting, it didn’t really impress me. [...]
ImageTitle: Roadkill Zoo TP
Writer: Nicole Jones
Artist: Budi “Buddy” Setiawan
Publisher: Novaris Entertainment

The story is a group of college kids and two Southern men get attack by undead voodoo priest and his magical roadkill.

Admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of horror stories and while the art was good and the concept’s interesting, it didn’t really impress me. College students as the main characters for a horror story is over-used in my opinion (how come there’s never any horror stories taking place at a retirement home?) especially considering that they seem to fit certain types of characters such as the ‘bitch’ and the ’senstive guy’. However, Jones did a very good job telling the story.

Art-wise, like I said earlier, Setiawan did a very good job. The black and white art worked very nice and Setiawan was very good with not over-looking aspects that an artist may missed if this book was colored.

If you’re a huge fan of horror films and stories, you’ll enjoy Roadkill Zoo. Setiawan does a great job with the art and Jones is very capable. However, for non-horror fans, the creative team needed to develop the story more but if another offering comes from the pair, it should be good.

To discuss, go here.

Posted originally: 2008-07-15 23:53:27

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand