Advertisement

Chappy’s Blue Plate Specials — 7/16/08 — Le Spoils

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Chappy’s Blue Plate Specials — 7/16/08 — Le Spoils

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:39 am

another all-DC lunchtime spread, as I’m saving Captain America for when I can get home and savor it..Appetizer:Batman & the Outsiders 9 — this book remains nothing particularly special yet is still one of my favorite DC books just b/c it’s got such an old-school flavor; Dixon knows what he’s doing, and always delivers [...]
another all-DC lunchtime spread, as I’m saving Captain America for when I can get home and savor it..

ImageAppetizer:
Batman & the Outsiders 9 — this book remains nothing particularly special yet is still one of my favorite DC books just b/c it’s got such an old-school flavor; Dixon knows what he’s doing, and always delivers an enjoyable read, and he will be missed; lots of little characterization moments (Katana and Batgirl’s conversation regarding family, and Metamorpho’s incognito outfit, courtesy of Green Arrow, are real treats), quick-moving (even though little really happened this issue other than exposition of plot advancement/explanation), and every character has a unique voice; as for the story, we discover the space gun has drilled a cavern into the moon, the whole thing’s being run by some alien monsters, and Looker’s still a hot telepathic vampire; great art, fun dialogue, story’s still a bit thin; liked it

ImageEntree:

Trinity 7 — i continue to love this book; one villain is brought into the fold and another is revealed to be involved (or soon will be); Bags gets to rock Hawkman and Nightwing this issue, as Batman figures out a connection between the Trinity’s dreams, the “creation energy” floating above metopolis, the kidnappings, the art thefts, and the everchanging symbol branded to Wondy’s back; Morgaine and Enigma enlist Despero; and in the back-up, we get a history lesson and learn that the JLA’s getting the wool pulled on ‘em, as all is not well with Krona’s Cosmic Egg; loved it

ImageDessert:
Rogues’ Revenge 1 — man, I’ve missed Johns & Kolins on Flash; Cold, Heat Wave, Mirror Master and Weather Wizard return to Keystone, decide to hang it up, and tell Libra to piss up a rope; Chyre, Morillo and lady Zolomon discuss Bart’s death and get a visit from Piper, who reveals he and Trickster were trying to double-ross the rogues for the feds back in Bart’s run; Iris gets a quick lightning visit; and Zoom revives Inertia, telling him he’s going to make him the new Kid Flash; the Rogues decide they’ve got one more good reason to come out of retirement: revenge on Inertia; best of the 3

Discuss

Posted originally: 2008-07-16 16:39:35

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand