Advertisement

Reviews- She-Hulk #21, The Outsiders #50, Uncanny X-Men #490, & Exterminators #21

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Reviews- She-Hulk #21, The Outsiders #50, Uncanny X-Men #490, & Exterminators #21

Postby LOLtron » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:43 am

[authorlink]1542[/authorlink]Title: Uncanny X-Men #490Writer(s): Ed Brubaker and Christos GageArtist(s): Salvador Larocca and Tom GrummettPublisher: MarvelIn this issue, mAgneto makes a cameo, Skids leads Storm and Caliban to some nutjob religious Morlocks, and Warpath does his best Arseface impression with help from Masque. In the Endangered Species story, Beast gets a glimpse into the future.This [...]
Image Title: Uncanny X-Men #490
Writer(s): Ed Brubaker and Christos Gage
Artist(s): Salvador Larocca and Tom Grummett
Publisher: Marvel

In this issue, mAgneto makes a cameo, Skids leads Storm and Caliban to some nutjob religious Morlocks, and Warpath does his best Arseface impression with help from Masque. In the Endangered Species story, Beast gets a glimpse into the future.

This issue did nothing but continued the plot, both the main story and the ES story. While it was nice seeing Magneto and Larocca’s and Grummett’s art rule, there’s not much else.

Image Title: The Exterminators #21
Writer(s): Simon Oliver
Artist(s): Darick Robertson
Publisher: Vertigo/ DC

Honestly, I still have no idea what the hell is going on. This is definitely one of those series where you can’t afford to skip issues.

Image Title: She-Hulk #21
Writer(s): Dan Slott and Ty Templeton
Artist(s): Rick Burchett
Publisher: Marvel

For his final issue, Slott ties in everything that’s happened in She-Hulk and gives Marvel and other writers an excuse for continuity problems.

Much like the rest of Slott’s run, She-Hulk #21 is fun and the Earth-A excuse is absolutely brilliant. This issue did get a little bit confusing at times considering I’m reading this series in trades but it makes sense since this is Slott’s last issue. Hopefully, Peter David’s run is just as good.

Image Title: The Outsiders #50
Writer(s): Tony Bedard
Artist(s): Matthew Clark and Ron Randall
Publisher: DC

Batman explains the mission for the Outsiders, gets the team into a fight with the Suicide Squad, and then gets their party crashed by Thunder and Catwoman.

It’s kinda funny but I picked up this issue on a whim and I’m definitely glad that I did. This was definitely the pick of the week for last week as it was good fun but still had that darker side that Winick’s run had. Really good stuff.

Better late than never:

Image Title: Mice Templar #1
Writer(s): Bryan Glass and Michael Avon Oeming
Artist(s): Oeming
Publisher: Image

Young mice discover the story of the mice templar and then have to deal with some pissed off rat warriors.

While this was a standard first issue, Glass and Oeming did one helluva job with it. the story was told flawlessly. Also, Oeming’s art was very well done too and was perfect for the story. Also, at $3.99 and 56 pages, you really can’t go wrong with Mice Templar.

Image Title: Casanova #8
Writer(s): Matt Fraction
Artist(s): Fabio Moon
Publisher: Image

Casanova Quinn kills a crazy doctor and gets some rest time until his sidekick discovers he’s missing.

Pretty good issue and Fabio is a great pick to go after his brother. I was going to make a joke about the Kubert brothers but I forget what it was…..

To discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-09-10 14:43:13

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand