Advertisement

Review for Civil War #7

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Review for Civil War #7

Postby LOLtron » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:05 pm

Title: Civil War #7Writer: Mark MillarPenciler: Steve McNivenPublisher: MarvelReviewed by John Lewis and Tony MourlotTony Mourlot: SPOILERS for arrested heroes. This issue ahd the big brawl between the anti-registration heores and the pro-registration heroes. All the build up led to non-stop action in this issue. Hercules used Clor’s hammer and caved in his robotic skull [...]
Title: Civil War #7
Writer: Mark Millar
Penciler: Steve McNiven
Publisher: Marvel
Reviewed by John Lewis and Tony Mourlot

Tony Mourlot: S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S for arrested heroes. This issue ahd the big brawl between the anti-registration heores and the pro-registration heroes. All the build up led to non-stop action in this issue. Hercules used Clor’s hammer and caved in his robotic skull with it. The Vision nullified Iron Man’s armor allowing Cap to deliver a beat down. Taskmaster was going to shoot Sue Storm but Reed saved Sue and got shot instead. The battle neded when Cap realized that they weren’t fighting for the people anymore. They were only fighting just to fight. Cap orders his side to stand down and allows himself to be arrested. The Punisher picks up Cap’s mask after the battle. The series ends with Tony Stark being appointed the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I liked the issue. It was a fitting ending to the series. The whole battle ended the only way I thought it could’ve. It’s not like the law was going to go away. I’m curious to see what happens now that Steve Rogers is in jail. I really hope Marvel doesn’t do a big retcon down the road. There can be some really good stories to come out of this. Overall, I liked Civil War. It was a great series that dragged a bit in the middle but the last action packed issue was great. What did you think Stinkmeister?

John Lewis: I thought the issue was very good. I think what I enjoy most is that this series (especially this issue) felt like the start to something bigger and a new status quo for Marvel (and for people who think Iron Man’s a villain, I think that’s only a temporary change).

Focusing on this issue, it was a really good action-packed issue. And like, you I thought it ended appropriately. My only problem with the issue was the fact the ink job was done by three different inkers and it really showed but it’s only a small problem.

Tony Mourlot: McNiven’s art was awesome. The three different inkers didn’t really distract me too much. I thought the fight scenes were well done considering the amount of characters involved. I’m looking forward to whatever McNiven’s next project is. He’s quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-02-25 01:05:07

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand