Advertisement

Your Top Modern Characters part 4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Your Top Modern Characters part 4

Postby LOLtron » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 am

The final three of the 269 bunch. Morts? Well, that’s up to you.

269(c)

Cammi

Year first appeared: 2005

Cammi is an Alaskan girl who got mixed up with Drax the Destroyer. Cammi doesn't seem to be able to filter ideas that would be considered rude before stating them. Cammi does not possess any cosmic powers, no mutations or anything else that would qualify as extraordinary. From years of playing video games, she is apparently a half decent spaceship pilot.

Nobody nominated Drax by the way, I thought someone would've. And if they did, should I have accepted it? He is truly different from all previous Drax's that have been around, meaning he is pretty friggin’ cool. Oh well.

Oh yeah, buy War of Kings.

AoA Wolverine and Jean Grey

Year first appeared: 1995

Before you bitch and complain, I did allow alternate universe characters to be allowed on the list. Did I expect these two? No. I thought maybe AoA Sabretooth or someone else of unlameness. So yeah, for those of you who have been under a rock and do not know what AoA stands for its Age of Apocalypse. And it was a What If-ish tale about a world without Professor X. These two starred in the title of Weapon X.

Weapon X (Logan) and his lover Jean Grey are depicted in this magazine carrying out missions for the Human High Council. Jean and Weapon X drift apart however, as the Human High Council intends to launch a nuclear strike on the U.S.A., and Jean is appalled by the loss of life it would cause. After Weapon X concludes a battle with Donald Pierce (an altered human cyborg), Jean leaves to help evacuate the U.S.A., and bids a tearful farewell to her love. Weapon X is then sent to recruit Gateway, whose teleportation ability is necessary to bring the fleet to America. As the fleet leaves, Weapon X decides to join them, if only to find Jean somewhere in America before the bombs are dropped.

Alice

Year first appeared; 2004

"Sort of like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for kids."

Manga meets Fables? I know some will call this blasphemy, but that’s pretty much what it seems like. Here's how Image describes the book:

"Featuring internationally loved literary characters such as Alice (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), Jim Hawkins (Treasure Island), Pinocchio, the Pied Piper and Red Riding Hood, Lullaby is a foray into the imaginative world of children's literature with a distinctively fresh style that's exciting for all ages. The story focuses on these beloved characters as they join forces to stop a dark magic warping their world and discover who is behind the evil scheme. The identity of the mystery villain is sure to stir much speculation as the book heads toward its conclusion."

So, if you like Manga, like Fables, and like girls in skimpy skirts maybe you should pick up this book? Yes no?

Discuss

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand