Advertisement

How to Rob a Bank [Movie Review]

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 170 posts

How to Rob a Bank [Movie Review]

Postby LOLtron » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:27 am

ImageWritten and directed by Andrews Jenkins, I caught this indy flick the other week on PPV and I must say it was good money well spent. Image

Nick Stahl (That Yellow Bastard in Sin City and John Connor in T3) stars in this hilarious comedy about a slacker named Jinx who gets trapped in a bank vault when a gang of bank robbers, lead by Simon, played by Gavin Rossdale (Balthazar in Constantine and rock star of the formerly famed Bush and Institute) basically charges into the bank guns blazing.

While stuck in the vault, he runs into computer geek Jessica, portrayed by a raven wig wearing Erika Christensen who easily becomes your dirty fantasy for that night while and after you’ve finish watching the movie. Outside of the bank is a raid of cops, lead by Officer Degepse and played by the always hilarious Terry Crews, wanting to get into the bank to save the hostages from the paranoid and pill popping English man, Simon, who wants in the vault while Jinx just wants his twenty bucks.

The movie is packed with witty dialogue and mishaps between each character that gets a good laugh basically every two-to-five minutes. The chemistry between all the characters are well done and you grow fond of each of them as they all find ways to annoy each other through talking on cell phones. One scene that gets a good laugh is when Rossdale frantically loses his head for a second and charges out of the bank and rushes back in after chucking his cell phone at the back of Crews’ head all because his batteries ran out. The movie is paced rather well and the editing easily gets my attention. The way scenes are filmed and cut and pasted adds to the humor and the fun. Hell, even David Carradine (Bill in Kill Bill) joins into the fun as Nick as he finds ways to add to more trouble on the cell phone exchanges of these characters.

But yes, I recommend this film all around. It won’t blow your mind, but if you’re bored and just want to have a good time for an hour and a half, check this movie out. Don’t expect mind-boggling stuff. Leave your brains in a jar and enjoy the kool aid.
Posted originally: 2008-03-14 08:27:51

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand