Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Reviews for July 5th- Thor #1, All-New Atom #13, Faker #1, and New Warriors #2

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:58 am

Title: Thor #1Writer: J. Michael StraczynskiArtist: Olivier CoipelPublisher: MarvelThor returns and then…First, the good. Coipel is a fantastic artist. Probably the one of the best first issues in a while artw-sie. And now, the bad which was everything else. Straczynski’s a good writer but this issue is heavily decompressed. While it may be a [...]
Image Title: Thor #1
Writer: J. Michael Straczynski
Artist: Olivier Coipel
Publisher: Marvel

Thor returns and then…

First, the good. Coipel is a fantastic artist. Probably the one of the best first issues in a while artw-sie. And now, the bad which was everything else. Straczynski’s a good writer but this issue is heavily decompressed. While it may be a good start plot-wise, the writing style is horrific.

Image Title: The All-New Atom #13
Writer: Gail Simone
Artist: Mike Norton
Publisher: DC

With some help from Chronos, Ryan Choi visits the people from Sword of the Atom and the gets recruited. In the Navy!!!

I’ve only read the previous issue and the trade (which is really good) but once Chronos left, it turned into your standard superhero stuff but with bad grammar (it was like fanfic Image ).

Image Title: New Warriors #2
Writer: Kevin Grevioux
Artist: Paco Medina
Publisher: Marvel

Tony Stark tries to cut a deal with the New Warriors while Jubilee shows up to help coerce Wind Dancer.

Just like Thor #1, not much happened which is a bit of a disappointment compared to last issue. Hopefully, it gets better with the next issue.

Â

Image Title: Faker #1
Writer: Mike Carey
Artist: Jock
Publisher: Vertigo/ DC

Five college students have a party then realize that one of them doesn’t exist outside the group afterwards.

I hate the city I live in. Kinda a weird start, I know, but while reading this book I can’t help but think of the idiot high schoolers and college students around here. Carey and Jock are both fantastic but I still hate the city I live in.

As for what my pick of the week is.. Since it was a less than stellar week, it’s the Ultimates 2 Vol. 2 Grand Theft America TP. I picked it up this week and it was great. Almost made me forget how the delays made me quit that series.

To discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-07-09 13:58:06

leave a comment with facebook