Advertisement

Rave Master vol. 1 Review

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 163 posts

Rave Master vol. 1 Review

Postby LOLtron » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:47 pm

phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

Rave Master vol. 1

Writer/Artist-Hiro Mashima

Translated by Amy Forsyth

English Adaptation by James Lucas Jones

While I was in my local library the other day, I noticed Rave Master vol. 1. I had heard about it due to the various video games that were made, based off of the anime of the same name. With the graphic novel in my hands I started to read it and well....it wasn't good.

Rave Master is the tale of Haru Glory, a young boy who lives on Garage Island. While he is fishing one day, he catches a mysterious creature. From that point on, his life gets more interesting as he encounters various strangers that are connected to his missing father.

The writing just falls flat. The characters, the back story, and the dialogue are all dull. It feels predictable and shallow. Nothing stands out to make it any different than the various other graphic novels that are out on the market.

The art doesn't really bring anything to the table, either. From a style standpoint, it doesn't look that great. It just looks dull. The panel layouts work, but they're not that sharp.

Overall, I advise you to skip it. Everthing about this manga delivers nothing of value.

Overall-4* out of 10*

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/reviews/the-spin-rack/3192-rave-master-vol-1.html/
Last edited by LOLtron on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand