Advertisement

The Sunday Slammer!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts

The Sunday Slammer!

Postby LOLtron » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:56 pm

The Sunday Slammer!Annnnd we are back! Back with 31 Days/Weeks (who's counting), of Halloween!!!

31 Days of Halloween

First up is an unusual treat from the always talented Mr. Ed Quinby! Check out after the artwork to read Mr. Quinby's thoughts on this piece!

They_Tried_to_Save_Hitlers__Brain_copy

Ed Quinby had this to say:
"They Tried to Save Hitler's Brain: The shlock movie they never made! Actually,there was a movie titled They Saved Hitler's Brain, but those guys didn't have to contend with a rampaging gorilla bearing down on them!  Too bad, Nazis, first you lose Europe and now the Congo, BTW you suck. This could have been even cheesier as I thought seriously about putting the Hitler 'stache on the glass to help identify the brain, if I had who would be the bigger jughead?"

Next up is Greg Jolly with more characters from his HammStar* Universe as well as a few answers of his process in creating a creation!

Greg Jolly: You had asked if I had more process photos, here is a creature I'm working on that has some dinosaur elements, and an example of the difference in just a couple of different interpretations as I went on, including the most recent, a concept sketch for a female face. I've been trying to do that with all the character races, show female, old, fat, skinny versions. I'm not sure if it's a little bit of overkill or not."

J.M.: Hmm...so you put alot into planning, as opposed to me? I'm just going for it and drawing or writing myself out of a corner... which is about to happen soon yet again.

GJ: To plan or not to plan, I suppose it depends on the story.  But, yeah, I'm a planner.  Model sheets are great practice.  I do two kinds: full body and faces for main characters.  For supporting cast, if I want a model sheet, I do a single sheet mixed with a little of both. The face ones are really good practice.  I'll attach one. You just take one character and pose them in as many different expressions as possible

scapegoat_by_gregjolly_1

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/features/31-days-of-halloween/16852-the-sunday-slammer.html/
Last edited by LOLtron on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE

Advertisement

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Beast!

Re: The Sunday Slammer!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 pm

These guys always bring it people!!! Say somethin' nice or niche like would ya?

Psivage
FROGMAN

Liked in: 27 posts
Title: shake it baby, shake it good!
Formerly: Cat-Psivage

Postby Psivage » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Like the creatures. What is the book about?

both made by Cat-Scratch

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Beast!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Here you go Psivage!!http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/features/31-days-of-halloween/16536-the-saturday-slasher.html

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand