Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Who will Follow Bendis on Avengers?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Who will Follow Bendis on Avengers?In an attempt to gain lots of unique hits, The Outhouse invites readers to speculate on which creator would be best suited to follow the Great One Brian Bendis as writer of The Avengers.

The Outhouse reported moments ago on the upcoming departure of The Great One Brian Michael Bendis from Marvel's Avengers franchise next year. Now, we're asking you, the readers, who you want to follow one of the greatest runs in comic book history!

Please join us on our forums to discuss the hottest topic in comics right now.

Source: Press Release
Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/comics-news/17526-who-will-follow-bendis-on-avengers.html/

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:46 pm

It'll probably be someone like Matt Fraction...

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:46 pm

nietoperz wrote:It'll probably be someone like Matt Fraction...

if so, thats one book dropped

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:48 pm

oh thank god, now maybe I can read it.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Chris Claremont.

Really, I'd like to see him on it. Not a joke. I suspect he could do an amazing job on the series and come on, he's written the FF and various X-Team titles, time to play a hat trick.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Crossing my fingers for Jason Aaron or Scott Snyder.

Ready for it to be Hickman on one and Fraction on the other.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Why couldn't the question have been left at the end of the other article? :?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Ahhh, this thread and the other related one feed me with it's Bendis hate... ImageImage

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 pm

GLX wrote:Why couldn't the question have been left at the end of the other article? :?

NO! I want a third one to really enjoy all this Bendis Hate!!! FEED ME!!! :twisted:

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Chris Claremont.

Don't be fucking ridiculous.

You've got to be careful with this one. This is the Franchise book. The Marvel Universe revolves around it. You can't put a shlub on it. Don't forget the last time they released a Bendis-less Avengers book, it tanked so bad that they cancelled it (Fuck you Slott, and your joyless Mighty Avengers). Never mind that other loser, Gage. It can't really be someone like Hickman, since he's writing Ultimates anyway.

(Caveat, I suspect it will be Hickman, given that he's dropping hints about leaving Fantastic Four and he has a good relationship with Breevoort to begin with)

That said, there is one man, one writer, who's work on the Avengers is as crucial as Bendis. A man who is available. A man who has had great sales history with Marvel to begin with. And, I suspect, a story to tell........

Presenting the only logical next Avengers Writer

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:56 pm

My personal choice would be Mark Waid.

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:56 pm

The Bass wrote:
Don't be fucking ridiculous.

You've got to be careful with this one. This is the Franchise book. The Marvel Universe revolves around it. You can't put a shlub on it. Don't forget the last time they released a Bendis-less Avengers book, it tanked so bad that they cancelled it (Fuck you Slott, and your joyless Mighty Avengers). Never mind that other loser, Gage. It can't really be someone like Hickman, since he's writing Ultimates anyway.

(Caveat, I suspect it will be Hickman, given that he's dropping hints about leaving Fantastic Four and he has a good relationship with Breevoort to begin with)

That said, there is one man, one writer, who's work on the Avengers is as crucial as Bendis. A man who is available. A man who has had great sales history with Marvel to begin with. And, I suspect, a story to tell........

Presenting the only logical next Avengers Writer

that would be neat

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:58 pm

GLX wrote:Why couldn't the question have been left at the end of the other article? :?

Unique hits. :P

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:59 pm

nietoperz wrote:My personal choice would be Mark Waid.

that would be a good one, too.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Watch out: The Bass cast aspersions on Chris Claremont's talent and Jude Terror is in the house. Is he livid? :shock:

leave a comment with facebook