Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marv Wolfman Resurrects Night Force For DC

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Marv Wolfman Resurrects Night Force For DCLegendary creator returns to his favourite creation in March 2012.

DC has announced that Marv Wolfman will be writing a new 7-issue mini-series featuring his classic creation Baron Winters, beginning this coming March.  The artist for the new book will be Tom Mandrake, replacing the late Gene Colan, with whom Wolfman created the title in the 1980s.

Visit DC's The Source blog for an interview with Wolfman, plus a peek at Tom Mandrake's character designs for the title.

Marv Wolfman Resurrects Night Force For DC

Source: The Source
Written or Contributed by: Houman Sadri

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/comics-news/17556-marv-wolfman-resurrects-night-force-for-dc.html/

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm in. This was a great little book back in the day, and Baron Winters is a hugely underused character. Both Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman had great takes on him (in Swamp Thing and Books of Magic, respectively) but I'm really pleased to see Wolfman go back to this well. And if we can't have Gene Colan then Tom Mandrake is a wonderful alternative.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Ooooh pretty. :-D

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Nice art. Love Mandrake's stuff 8)

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic. I loved Night Force. I'm just afraid that dipping back into that well with Wolfman at the helm may feel dated (I'd cite Claremont/X-Men as an example of this). I also haven't seen Mandrake on a book in a dog's age. I'm in for the first issue, though.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Excellent news. Mandrake is a sensational pick!

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:48 pm

I'd be interested if this was the REAL DC Universe, instead of the inane changes-for-changes'-sake DCnU. I'm not interested in seeing the Baron made into a thin, unintelligent 18-year-old just because it's not GL or Batman, and therefore, everything about the character HAS to be different.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Herald wrote:I'd be interested if this was the REAL DC Universe, instead of the inane changes-for-changes'-sake DCnU. I'm not interested in seeing the Baron made into a thin, unintelligent 18-year-old just because it's not GL or Batman, and therefore, everything about the character HAS to be different.

Does he look 18 here?

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:55 pm

GLX wrote:
Does he look 18 here?

This is the DCnU; he could probably pass for 18 in this slapdash universe.
He definitely looks thin, I'll say that.

Now, let's see him try to say something intelligent.
And let's see how much of his DCU history is intact...

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:53 pm

I think I'll get this. :)

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:17 pm

I have the complete original run. I am with Nieto on this. Getting it.

leave a comment with facebook