Advertisement

Francesco Francavilla Unleashes the Black Beetle!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 246 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Francesco Francavilla Unleashes the Black Beetle!Coming to Dark Horse Presents #11!

December 15, MILWAUKIE, OR – Adding an exciting new layer to Dark Horse Presents, Dark Horse Comics is proud to announce a new three-part story by New York Times best-selling artist for Batman, and current Captain America artist, Francesco Francavilla: The Black Beetle!

The Black Beetle is centered on a pulp-noir character and takes place in a fictional universe that's based in Colt City. Francavilla published several stories online and even put out an ashcan. When the ashcan sold out, Francesco quickly realized that many fans were interested in exploring this world with him. It was only a matter of time before Dark Horse approached him about bringing some Black Beetle tales to Dark Horse Presents!

"I'm working on a 24-page story, titled 'Night Shift' that will be spread over three issues of Dark Horse Presents. I am hugely influenced by pulp stories of the '30s and '40s, and wanted to develop a series that used that influence as a jumping-off point to explore some modern storytelling with fun twists. I think this will be a great introduction to readers who are new to this character and universe, but will also be an exciting new adventure for those who've been reading the online stories over the years," Francesco states.

"As a huge fan of pulp and noir, working on my own characters and stories really gives me free reign to explore this world and create lots of fun scenarios and thrilling situations. The stories are definitely full of mystery and intrigue, plus I get to give The Black Beetle lots of cool and funky gadgets. 'Night Shift' promises to be full of action, excitement, danger, and double-crosses, so I am overjoyed to see this new tale in print, and hope this is the first of many more to come in Dark Horse Presents."

For more on Francesco Francavilla's art, check out his official website, www.francescofrancavilla.com, and his pulp blog, http://pulpsunday.blogspot.com.

Dark Horse Presents #11 is on sale April 18th, 2012!

About Dark Horse Comics

Since 1986, Dark Horse Comics has proven to be a solid example of how integrity and innovation can help broaden a unique storytelling medium and establish a small, homegrown company as an industry giant. The company is known for the progressive and creator-friendly atmosphere it provides for writers and artists.  In addition to publishing comics from top talent like Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, Neil Gaiman, Gerard Way, Will Eisner, and best-selling prose author Janet Evanovich, Dark Horse has developed such successful characters as the Mask, Timecop, and the Occultist. Additionally, its highly successful line of comics and products based on popular properties includes Star Wars, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aliens, Conan the Barbarian, Mass Effect, Serenity, and Domo. Today, Dark Horse Comics is the largest independent comic-book publisher in the United States and is recognized as both an innovator in the cause of creator rights and the comics industry's leading publisher of licensed material.

Source: Press Release
Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/comics-news/17660-francesco-francavilla-unleashes-the-black-beetle.html/
Last edited by LOLtron on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE

Advertisement

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 742 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Re: Francesco Francavilla Unleashes the Black Beetle!

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Looks fun.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 217 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Looks cool but I thought this was about the DC character. :smt013
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 832 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:41 pm

I thought it was about his penis.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:43 am

I didn't know he was drawing Captain Amercia now!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:13 am

DMM wrote:I didn't know he was drawing Captain Amercia now!

Captain America & Bucky

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand