Advertisement

CIVIL WAR Launches Marvel’s New Line Of Prose Novels

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 241 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:32 pm

CIVIL WAR Launches Marvel’s New Line Of Prose NovelsMarvel kicks off their prose novel line with an adaptation of Civil War!

New York, NY—December 20th, 2011—The world's most popular super heroes can be found in the pages of Marvel Comics every week, but now their greatest stories are set to conquer the world of prose fiction! Launching in June 2012 with the adaptation of CIVILWAR, Marvel will release its most popular stories of all time as prose novels.

It all begins in CIVIL WAR, adapted by author Stuart Moore (Wolverine), with the story that irrevocably altered the Marvel Universe and redefined comic books for an entire generation. In the wake of a tragedy, Capitol Hill proposes the Superhuman Registration Act, requiring all costumed heroes to unmask themselves before the government. Divided, the nation's greatest champions must each decide how to react — but will you side with Iron Man or Captain America? And just which heroes will pay the ultimate price?

"Releasing our most acclaimed graphic novels as prose fiction not only allows us to reach a different audience with these stories, but also gives us a chance to bring those readers back to the comics that started it all," said David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales, Marvel Entertainment. "CIVIL WAR is easily our best-selling graphic novel of the past decade and certainly one of the most influential in recent memory, so it was the perfect launch title for this new line. Not only will you get all the action that Mark Millar and Steve McNiven delivered in comic form but  no fan will want to miss the new wrinkles we've added in this novel. "

Stay tuned to www.marvel.com for news on CIVIL WAR and the rest of Marvel's upcoming prose novels.

To find a comic shop near you, call 1-888-comicbook or visit www.comicshoplocator.com

Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit www.marvel.com

Source: Press Release
Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/comics-news/17699-civil-war-launches-marvels-new-line-of-prose-novels.html/
Last edited by LOLtron on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 207 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Re: CIVIL WAR Launches Marvel’s New Line Of Prose Novels

Postby nietoperz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Shit (old) storyline to make for shit (new) novel. :smt102

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 56 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:52 pm

nice, just what people are dying to read: a novel of a nonsensical ham-fisted supehero allegory that came out over 5 years ago! go marvel!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 219 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:31 pm

This is actually a pretty inventive way to tap into the market of readers that don't really give a shit about comics. If they simply adapt select storylines into novel format then they have a new launching pad for getting their current continuity across to others without the threat of prospective customers having to wander off into their local comic dungeon.

Then if it sells they can just serialize future stories like Initiative being vol 2, Secret Invasion being v3, Dark Reign being v4 etc and spin the 616 MU into a novel line.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 126 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Wouldn't have thought that DC's novelizations of their events were popular enough for Marvel to want to copy them, but at least they are starting with the only event they've had in the last decade that was good.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Yeah at least they're starting with one of the best events of all time. Apart from House of M, can't think of much better.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 209 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 am

Lord Ice wrote:Wouldn't have thought that DC's novelizations of their events were popular enough for Marvel to want to copy them, but at least they are starting with the only event they've had in the last decade that was good.

They used to do it all the time way before DC. They just didnt sell really well.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:53 am

I've got a few of the older Marvel books. I'm trying to find all of the original paperbacks. Geez some of them are tough to get.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:29 am

Chesscub wrote:I've got a few of the older Marvel books. I'm trying to find all of the original paperbacks. Geez some of them are tough to get.

There was a Silver Surfer anthology which was very good.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 619 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 am

I might check this out. Peter David's What Savage Beast was good, but I haven't read many of the Marvel novelizations.
DC had a good run for a while, especially Greg Rucka's Batman: No Man's Land (much better than the actual comics).
-

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:30 pm

cncoyle wrote:I might check this out. Peter David's What Savage Beast was good, but I haven't read many of the Marvel novelizations.
DC had a good run for a while, especially Greg Rucka's Batman: No Man's Land (much better than the actual comics).

I loved No Mans Land. God help me but Devin Grayson wrote a few of the better issues. :oops:
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 pm

I have X-Men: The Legacy Quest Trilogy Omnibus and its really good.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Forgot about his one:
http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Engine-Tril ... 0743497740

It's basically the 616 90's X-Men in a different elseworld setting every book..first ruled by Doom, then Magneto and fonally by the Red Skull. Think House of M with those worlds as settings...except this came out a fair few years before it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand