Saturday, April 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Rob Liefeld Calls at Least 25 Creators Marvel D-List (UPDATED)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Rob Liefeld Calls at Least 25 Creators Marvel D-List (UPDATED)

On the Twitter today, superstar artist Rob Liefeld called every writer and artist to ever work on Deadpool "D-List talent."

Source: The Twitter

One of superstar artist Rob Liefeld's favorite things to tweet about is how awesome Deadpool is, and how awesome that makes Rob Liefeld for creating him. This, of course, is a subset of Rob Liefeld's absolute favorite thing to tweet about, which is how awesome Rob Liefeld is.

Don't get me wrong - this reporter agrees; Liefeld, who writes seventeen current books for DC Comics, is pretty awesome. However, the living legend may have taken things a bit too far this afternoon,  when he tweeted, "Testament to Deadpool's appeal and durability is that he thrives regardless of being regulated to D-list talent. Marvel A-list never touches."

Ouch! For those of you keeping track, that D-list apparently includes: Joe Kelly, Daniel Way, Fabian Nicieza, Cullen Bunn, Gail Simone, Duane Swierczynski, Victor Gischler, Mark Waid, Ian Churchill, Joe Madureira, Christopher Priest, Ed McGuinness, Fred Van Lente, Dalibor Tajalic, Jason Aaron, Jason Pearson, David Lapham, Kyle Baker, Bong Dazo, Jimmy Palmiotti, Paco Medina, Reilly Brown, Patrick Zircher, Mark Brooks, and, of course, Rob Liefeld himself.

It's that last name on the list that makes us positive this must have been done in error, as, while Rob Liefeld is never shy about speaking his mind, even about his colleagues in the comic book industry, there is one person we are sure he would never dare to disparage: Rob Liefeld.

Luckily, The Great One Brian Bendis, defender of all that is good and holy in comics, was on Twitter to point out the mistake, saying "wow. shame on you."

The Outhouse will keep you up to date on future developments in all things Liefeld.

UPDATE: The responses have started to roll in:

Dave Johnson ‏@Devilpig666
@robertliefeld Yes!!! I've been elevated to the "D list" of talent. Thanks Rob. Now if I can only learn how to ink while driving a car.

axel alonso ‏@axelalonsomarv
Welcome to the D-list, @GerryDuggan @thebrianposehn @tonymoore! Howdy Doody just put your name on the list.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Do your Liefeld Tweets Yell at You?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:06 pm

How could you miss Remender in that list =O

Though technically that is a team book.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:24 pm

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/statu ... 8446303232

Rob Liefeld propositions a fan on the Internet. New low?

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:28 pm

This is not much of a story without a twitter battle between Rob and Jude.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:29 pm

I don't get the Liefeld thing. I never did. I mean, he can't draw and he can't write, he's entirely unreliable and evidently pretty unprofessional to boot. So why does he still get work? Who buys his stuff? It's just a mystery to me.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:This is not much of a story without a twitter battle between Rob and Jude.

It wouldn't be much of a battle - the best Liefeld can manage is 'blow me.'

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:44 pm

nietoperz wrote:I don't get the Liefeld thing. I never did. I mean, he can't draw and he can't write, he's entirely unreliable and evidently pretty unprofessional to boot. So why does he still get work? Who buys his stuff? It's just a mystery to me.

Nieto, that has to be one of the greatest of unsolved mysteries in this medium.

It baffles me. I swear, absolutely swear, that it baffles me. It makes absolutely no sense.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:51 pm

It's because he was good at marketing himself and hyping himself and his books, and a lot of people copied his style at the time (many of them either disappeared or evolved, but few were as good at hyping their stuff).

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:54 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:It's because he was good at marketing himself and hyping himself and his books, and a lot of people copied his style at the time (many of them either disappeared or evolved, but few were as good at hyping their stuff).

Sure, but now - 20 years on, and at a time when the 90s are remembered as a dark time for comics and Liefeld in particular is a punchline - who still buys his stuff? I mean, the Deathstroke art I've seen from him is just about the most embarrassingly bad of his whole career, and that's saying something.

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:57 pm

nietoperz wrote:It wouldn't be much of a battle - the best Liefeld can manage is 'blow me.'

True, and given Jude's past, he just might be... But I prefer to think Jude would represent and make it another legend.. even if he had to think he was talking to a Batgirl fan or Brony.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:57 pm

The same exact people that bought it in the 90's, or rather a portion of those same people, that still buy his hype he builds for himself. Plus, because others look down on him and them, they have banded together to feel like they are some oppressed group that is more honest or something while everyone else is just a hater.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:The same exact people that bought it in the 90's, or rather a portion of those same people, that still buy his hype he builds for himself. Plus, because others look down on him and them, they have banded together to feel like they are some oppressed group that is more honest or something while everyone else is just a hater.

Liefeld action groups! :shock:

What do we want`SHITTY, UNREADABLE COMICS!
When do we want them? NOW! er, or whenever Rob feels he can actually get one finished...

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty much.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Hm.

robertliefeld ‏@robertliefeld
Testimony to great costume design...Deadpool, Cable, Domino remain largely un-changed, intact over last 20 years!

Really.

So great, even Rob gave him a re-design or two over the years..

leave a comment with facebook