Advertisement

X Is Back (No, Its Not A Fill-In-The-Blank)!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:01 pm

All Right Stop
Gather Around And Listen
X Is Back In A Brand New Incarnation
(Screw you that was awesome)

Source: Exclusive: "X" Makes His Dark Horse Return With Swierczynski

Speaking of “awesome”, Dark Horse has finally decided to give me what I’ve been waiting for since they announced the return of Ghost:  X IS BACK, BABY!

Debuting in 1993’s Dark Horse Presents #8, X made his mark on the comic book landscape as the violent mirror to Batman Azrael wished he could be.  A resident of Comic Greatest World’s fictional city of Arcadia, X was a mysterious vigilante (do not mistake this to mean “hero”) who enforced his own morals on the city.  If you broke X’s law you were marked with slashes across your face; two slashes make an "x", and an "x" equals death.

There is no trial, no appeal, and no mercy – if X marked you for death you die, no matter how long it takes.

Created by a committee of Dark Horse editors: Mike Richardson, Randy Stradley, Barbara Kesel, Chris Warner, and Jeremy Prosser for the Dark Horse Presents story, X was the quintessential 90’s character; mysterious and violent.  Steven Grant took over creative duties for X as the writer for the short lived 25 issue ongoing.

X ended, along with the rest of Comic Greatest World, way too soon and if you want mindless testosterone filled action movie style of violence I would highly recommend the two X Omnibuses that are available (vol 1 and vol 2).

For the relaunch the creative assignment goes to Duane Swierczynski and Eric Nguyen (writer and artist respectfully).  From all accounts this is a hard reset, not the soft confusing pseudo-reset we got from the Nu52, add that to Swierczynski’s resent history of successfully relaunching the careers of some of the 90’s cast-offs like Bloodshot and Cable, and you have a combination that should be totally eXtreme, man.

X returns in December’s Dark Horse Presents #19 with part one of a three part story that “shows you what life is like in Arcadia” which leads up to a four issue miniseries planned for 2013.

X is really scary," he concluded.”I hesitate to call him a hero because he's a scary dude – especially in how he's portrayed by Eric. I think it's really an intense book, and people will be shocked when they see how gory and how gritty it gets.~ Duane Swierczynski

RU can’t wait!

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 4 posts

Re: X Is Back (No, Its Not A Fill-In-The-Blank)!

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm down. X was awesome, and they've put two really good creators on it. I'll be great to see Eric Nguyen art again.
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: X Is Back (No, Its Not A Fill-In-The-Blank)!

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:44 pm

I am so getting this. :)

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand