Advertisement

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Delayed

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 321 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 am

Trent Oster of Overhaul Games announced this week that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition would be delayed until November.

Source: BaldursGate.com

From the time they announced Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition would be coming, they've worked with developers and fans to make huge improvements to the game.  This has resulted in a bit more work than originally anticipated.  Yesterday, Trent Oster, president of Overhaul Games, posted this one their blog:

When we first announced Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, you set fire to our servers and we were overwhelmed by the huge wave of support from the fans of the original game.

Once the fires had subsided, thousands of you posted suggestions and requests on our forums. Dozens of volunteers from all over the world helped us improve game play, squash bugs, and generally fine-tune the game. Even more came to help work on translations from English to more than 16 other languages.

Executing on our plan to make the best Baldur’s Gate possible and responding to that overwhelming feedback, we’ve added new characters, areas, and story, creating many new hours of game play. Yet the suggestions, fixes, and translations continue, and more volunteers keep joining.

After recently reviewing the game and then consulting with our partners, we've decided to ensure that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is the best possible product on launch. Thus, we have pushed back the release date of the game. Our plan is to release in November, 2012.

To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support.

Not a huge delay, though word came at the last minute with the original launch date set as next week.  With all of the changes they are making to the game though, it looks worth waiting for and it's always good to see developers working to make sure a game is as bug-free as possible.

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Delayed

Postby bkthomson » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:55 pm

I did not know this existed and for only $17.99 this has my interest.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:54 pm

BK, you should check out that project eternity kickstarter article I posted.

You can get in for only $20 on a new game being developed that looks pretty similar to these older RPGs and made by guys that made Icewind Dale and all those D&D video games and Fallout.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:56 pm

xaraan wrote:BK, you should check out that project eternity kickstarter article I posted.

You can get in for only $20 on a new game being developed that looks pretty similar to these older RPGs and made by guys that made Icewind Dale and all those D&D video games and Fallout.

Cool, I will check it out. Thanks!
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum