Advertisement

New Mass Effect Game On The Way

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:12 pm

After announcing the retirement of two of BioWare's founders in a blog post, GM Aaryn Flynn mentions a new original Mass Effect Universe Game in development.

Source: BioWare Blog

In a blog post today on BioWare's site, Aaryn Flynn talked about the future of BioWare after the retirement of two of its founders:

As you have probably heard by now, BioWare’s two founders, Doctors Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk, have announced their retirement from game development with blog posts that you can review here.

I know this might be concerning for some of you but the leaders at BioWare have had some time to think about it – to think about how the games, the fans, and the creative teams would move on without the two guys who started this organization back in 1995. We – including Ray and Greg – think the studio is solid and the team here is ready to embark on a whole new era of games.

After talking a bit about the general direction the company plans to take, Flynn drills down to specific game titles, first referencing the Dragon Age: Inquisition announcement, then addressing Mass Effect.  Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of Mass Effect, has plans for another full game in the M.E. universe.  That's on top of the new Mass Effect 3 DLC - Omega -coming this fall.

Casey and his team are also in charge of developing an all new game in a new universe, Flynn added, but he had no other details at this time about that project.

Flynn ended his blog with a farewell to the founders:

To the Doctors: I wish you the very best, and we will always honor your legacy. The games we develop will always share your unique creativity and steadfast integrity.

Now it’s up to us to show the world what you taught us.

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 341 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: New Mass Effect Game On The Way

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Before Mass Effect 3 came out I would have been all over the idea of another Mass Effect game. However, at this point, I'm going to wait to find out the reaction to the new game before I consider buying it.

Thank you Troy for the sig

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby covalesky » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Still haven't bought ME3.

My gaming PC is on the fritz :(

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Stephen Day wrote:Before Mass Effect 3 came out I would have been all over the idea of another Mass Effect game. However, at this point, I'm going to wait to find out the reaction to the new game before I consider buying it.

This. Having heard what they did to ME3, I am waiting till it's under $20.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 76 posts

Postby misac » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Stephen Day wrote:Before Mass Effect 3 came out I would have been all over the idea of another Mass Effect game. However, at this point, I'm going to wait to find out the reaction to the new game before I consider buying it.

I'll get it, the game was still a lot of fun. And really, they're the only games I get the day they come out.

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 723 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 pm

I wasn't one of the people who whined about the ending to Mass Effect 3 so I would definitely be down for another part in the series. They just need to take their time making it and wait for the next gen consoles.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I wasn't one of the people who whined about the ending to Mass Effect 3 so I would definitely be down for another part in the series. They just need to take their time making it and wait for the next gen consoles.

I believe they may. I've seen other articles mention PS4, but since I didn't see it from the source I didn't say anything about that. The new game they are working on that's not M.E. is also supposed to be totally from scratch, new engine and everything.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum