Advertisement

Review: Ghost #0

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 232 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Review of Kelly Sue DeConnick & Phil Noto's transcendental Ghost #0 from Dark Horse [Spoiler Free]

Publisher: Dark Horse Comics / Mike Richardson
Price: $2.99
Story: Kelly Sue DeConnick
Art: Phil Noto
Letterer(s): Richard Starkings & ComicCraft
Cover Art: Jenny Frison

Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost? Well put down your phone because this lovely lady won't slime you but she may just rip out your heart. Meet 'Resurrection Mary,' a supernatural beauty who's not only translucent and deadly, but, rumor has it that she comes from another world.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm an easy mark for any comic with a temptress on its cover and not for stereotypical reasons but because I admire the female form and enjoy stories about brave, strong women. Without any foreknowledge going in, I was drawn to Ghost #0 based solely on its cover and title. I was surprised to discover the depths of its girl power, as it's written by a woman and the cover that enticed me was drawn by a female as well. Who says women aren't into comics?

Personally, I'm not about spoilers and I don't dig lengthy recaps either. I can, however, reveal that this mystery woman is more intriguing than you might expect. And the shoddy pair of ghost hunters who unwittingly summon her get taken on one helluva wild ride.

If you enjoy enigmatic tales that leave you wanting more then Ghost #0 from Dark Horse Comics is a book you should definitely check out. This smartly-paced, well-drawn murder mystery is the collected compilation of three serialized Ghost entries originally appearing in Dark Horse Presents issues #13-#15. Issue #0 also serves as the audacious lead-in to "In the Smoke and Din," the upcoming four-part miniseries in which the rest of Ghost's story will be told.

Join former journalist Vaughn Barnes and intrepid Phantom Finder Tommy Byers in Ghost #0 as they get more than they bargained for when a curious device launches them into Resurrection Mary's haunted path. Pick up your copy now and make sure to grab "In the Smoke and Din" when it hits your LCS' shelf or from the Dark Horse Digital Comics Store. I know I'm looking forward to it.

Written or Contributed by Nightfly

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Review: Ghost #0

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Finally got around to reading this. Good first hook and I'm definitely in for the rest of the miniseries.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand