Advertisement

Stan Lee Cancels Toledo Appearance for "Serious Circumstance"

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 281 posts

Stan Lee Cancels Toledo Appearance for "Serious Circumstance"

Postby LOLtron » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:12 am

Stan Lee Cancels Toledo Appearance for

The Outhouse has breaking and exclusive news on the reason behind Lee's last minute cancellation of a public appearance in Ohio.

Source: Toledo Blade

Stan Lee, the ninety-year-old creator of most of the Marvel Universe and spiritual father of the modern comic book industry, has canceled a sold out public appearance on September 27 at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library in Toledo, Ohio. The library had sold 2300 tickets for the event, part of their Authors! Authors! series. While fans are likely to be disappointed, a spokesperson for Lee said that the reason for the cancellation was "a very serious circumstance," though he was unable to reveal any more details.

The Outhouse is able to exclusively reveal that the "serious circumstance" was in fact the discovery by Lee and his people that Toledo is actually in Ohio, considered by most people to be the worst state in the entire union. "Oooooooohh," said a anonymous source within the Lee camp. "Yeah, um, Stan's not gonna be able to make it. Yeah. Very serious. He's come down with, uhh... overian cysts."

We explained that only women could get that, at which point the representative quickly excused himself. "Umm, I've got to go. I have a very serious circumstance."

This isn't the first time public figures have canceled appearances as soon as they realized they were in Ohio. Lee joins others such as basketball star LeBron James and the entire 1996 Cleveland Browns football team on the long list of people who have abandoned the Buckeye State and never looked back, usually to great success. In the case of James, who won the NBA Championship within two years, and the '96 Browns, who became the much better Baltimore Ravens, the decision to leave the state has proved to be a positive career move.

The Outhouse wishes Stan the best of luck.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Stan Lee Cancels Toledo Appearance for "Serious Circumst

Postby bkthomson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:14 am

someone else offered him more money to appear elsewhere.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 423 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:26 am

Another cameo appearance on "Big Bang Theory" ? :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 191 posts
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 367 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Someone must have finally agreed to make more Stripperella episodes.

On a side note: Cleveland does NOT rock??
Drew Carey LIED TO ME!! :x

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Stan Lee, the ninety-year-old creator of most of the Marvel Universe and spiritual father of the modern comic book industry...

People don't still believe this do they?

:smt005

I don't know who the spiritual father of modern comic books is, but it sure as hell isn't some fucking writer.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Herald wrote:On a side note: Cleveland does NOT rock??
Drew Carey LIED TO ME!! :x

The bigger question is, is it really Hot In Cleveland? :twisted:

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Re: Stan Lee Cancels Toledo Appearance for

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Brian McQuillen · Lab Tech at Interstate Optical
what a total douche bag this writer is! Being a lifelong Ohio native this attempt at comedy is insulting.. A very serious issue for Stan Lee(the man wouldn't cancel convention appearances if something wasnt wrong) and this guy rips on the state of Ohio? What about the National championship OSU won in 2002? Its frustrating enough being a Cleveland sports fan and having some of the worst teams ever assembled, but sports isn't reason enough to say Ohio is "considered by most people to be the worst state in the entire union". It is ironic that it's the "Outhouse Newsroom" because that's where this "reporting" belongs...

:lol:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 966 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:11 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
:lol:

Is that really a correct use of irony? Wouldn't it be more ironic if my reporting were really professional and classy?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:33 pm

I hope everything's OK.

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 80 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Man, what a bummer. This is a reminder that Stan is of the age that we are going to log on and he will be dead, sooner rather than later.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 966 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:10 pm

LobsterJ wrote:Man, what a bummer. This is a reminder that Stan is of the age that we are going to log on and he will be dead, sooner rather than later.

:-(
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
People don't still believe this do they?

:smt005

I don't know who the spiritual father of modern comic books is, but it sure as hell isn't some fucking writer.

Really? You find it easy to dismiss a 90 year old's indelible contribution to the industry as we now know it, and then have the audacity to follow it up with a complete inability to tell us who you think deserves the title? It's very hard to take you seriously. FYI...calling him a "fucking writer" just diminishes you, not him. Poor form.
Last edited by alaska1125 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 205 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:16 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Really? You find it easy to dismiss a 90 year old's indelible contribution to the industry as we now know it, and then have the audacity to follow it up with a complete inability to tell us who you think deserves the title? It's very hard to take you seriously. FYI...caling him a "fucking writer" just diminishes you, not him. Poor form.

I'm amazed anyone still thinks it would be an artist, especially since it's pretty much been proven otherwise.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 155 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:20 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Is that really a correct use of irony? Wouldn't it be more ironic if my reporting were really professional and classy?

Let's be honest. Nobody in America is going to say Ohio is the worst state in the country while Mississippi is around.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand