Advertisement

Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. Gets Some Agents

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 321 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Which agents will Director Whedon be rounding up for his S.H.I.E.L.D. television pilot?

Source: S.H.I.E.L.D. Scoop: Meet the Members of Joss Whedon's New ABC Pilot!

Fans of the Marvel superhero movies were given  a pleasant surprise a few months ago when it was announced that Joss Whedon would be writing and directing a S.H.I.E.L.D. television pilot ordered by ABC.

As expected for an organization such as S.H.I.E.L.D., details about this new venture are sparse, but it appears that some casting details has been revealed via TVLine describing characters that are slated to appear in the pilot.

Again, since this is S.H.I.E.L.D., the names may be changed to protect (and possibly not spoil) the identity of the characters. From TVLine:

Skye - This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.

Agent Grant Ward - Quite the physical specimen and "cool under fire," he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He's a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he's the kind of guy that grows on you.

Agent Althea Rice - Also known as "The Calvary," this hard-core soldier has crazy  skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.

Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons -  These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.

Any of them sound familiar?

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. Gets Some Agents

Postby Keb » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm

No Clay Quartermain?

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 485 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 pm

No La Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine ? :P

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 803 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 pm

No Dugan?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 242 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Really hope some of these are just obvious decoy names for long established characters.

Give us Jimmy Woo! :smt013

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Bobbi Morse (later Barton) was a biochemist...maybe that last one is her. I could see "Grant Ward" being Gabe Jones (because c'mon, you know the cast ain't gonna be all lily-white)

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 430 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:31 pm

doombug wrote:Really hope some of these are just obvious decoy names for long established characters.

Give us Jimmy Woo! :smt013

I hope so as I would hate to think that Whedon decided to use all new characters and not include any established ones from the books.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 242 posts

Postby doombug » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 am

chap22 wrote:Bobbi Morse (later Barton) was a biochemist...maybe that last one is her. I could see "Grant Ward" being Gabe Jones (because c'mon, you know the cast ain't gonna be all lily-white)

If done right, they really can introduce some fan favorite "street level" characters. 8)

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 574 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:51 am

For me to be interested in this, I'd want characters I recognize: Dum Dum, Contessa, Clay, Jaspar, Gabe, etc.

But then won't royalties kick in for 'some' of their creators making them less lucrative and therefore, unusable?

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 am

Um.... Dugan, Gabe, and Woo were in Captain America, in ww2, and are shown as deceased during the extended Captain America scene in the Avengers.

Regardless, even if they did show up, they would all be in their 90's or over 100... and any way you slice that, it would be dumb..

Vanessa has only ever been interesting because of Nick, and you know Sam Jackson isn't going to be a regular on the tv show. He may make guest appearances,. because Whedon can throw ridiculous piles of cash his way, but Sam is A-List, and isn't going to damage his career by going tv.

Overall, I am glad they are going with new characters, I am also glad there is no one with super powers apparently on the team. That means its going to be a spy show primarily, and that's a show that is my dream shield series.
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:31 am

It's a Joss Whedon show, so even though it's an ensemble the featured lead will be a spunky, cute 20 something chick.

I'm fine with new characters, it won't bog them down with continuity.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Schlemmer
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 183 posts
Title: Hot-Linker
Formerly: Schlemmer; spelled the same but sounds different

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 am

Timbales wrote:It's a Joss Whedon show, so even though it's an ensemble the featured lead will be a spunky, cute 20 something chick.

I'm fine with new characters, it won't bog them down with continuity.

Correct; besides, it's frustrating having to explain to non-comic readers subtle differences

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 am

Got a tan. Had alopecia.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 86 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:10 am

I don't care about established characters or new characters. I just want it to be good.

But using new characters is probably a much better way for them to go, otherwise if they ever wanted to use the established characters in the movies, production on the show would be affected.

Having a cast of new characters also lets them cast bigger names in guest appearances as established people, who they could then easily spin off or use in the movies, having already locked in marketable movie names and having introduced them already in the show.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum