Advertisement

Marvel Releases New Cyclops Marvel NOW! Teaser

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 280 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:51 pm

The series will focus on Cyclops' new home post AvX.

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire

Warning: This piece contains spoilers from Avengers vs. X-Men #12.

Many fans were wondering what would happen to Cyclops after he was arrested by Captain America at the end of the Avengers vs X-Men.  Well, Marvel wasted no time in revealing a new Marvel NOW! teaser, along with comments from the creative team.  The teaser showcases the word "Assrape" with Jude Terror and ThanosCopter's names attached to the project.

Luckily, both creators are the spearheads of the Outhouse's "News Initiative", which has been retitled "NOW! Initiative" in wake of their announcement with Marvel. They exclusively explained to the Outhouse that the teaser will be a Cyclops centric series focusing on the character's time in prison.  "The title of the series will be called Cyclops: OZ," said Terror.  "Now that Cyclops is trading in his one-piece condom suit for prison garb, it's time to really get into the character's head, something that was missing during the whole of Avengers vs. X-Men."

ThanosCopter seemed excited about the new series.  "This new direction gives us plenty to explore," he said.  "How will Cyclops react to communal showers?  What gangs will he align himself with?  Who will he shank first?  Will he be a prison bitch or will he make other prisoners his bitch instead?  The possibilities are endless."

"I think the teaser kind of gives that away," replied Terror ominously.

Copter then showed off new character designs for Cyclops, showing the character wearing an orange prison suit with ripped off arms.  Interestingly, the character had a teardrop tattoo under one eye.  "The tear is a reminder of the things that Cyclops has done," Copter said, referring to the murder of Professor X.  "However, we might see him don new tattoos as the series goes on."

Terror promised that the series would continue to show Cyclops in a positive light.  "I see Cyclops as a modern day Jean Valjean," he said.  "Both are criminals that were in no way pushed towards a life of crime and are wholly responsible for their wicked actions.  Just like chicks dig Les Miserables, I'm sure that people will love Cyclops the same way."

"Just wait 'til you see the conjugal visits Cyke has with teenage Jean Grey!" added Copter.  "It's like the Doop issue of Wolverine and the X-Men, only creepier!"

Joe Quesada could not be reached for comment, probably due to his frantic calling of the Marvel legal department.

In case you couldn't figure it out, neither Terror nor Copter are actually affiliated with Marvel.  There are no plans for a prison-themed X-Books.  Also, prison rape is not a laughing matter and we don't condone laughing about it, even a little.  However, Avengers vs. X-Men is still an awful comic.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 477 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 477 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 191 posts
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man

Re: Marvel Releases New Cyclops Marvel NOW! Teaser

Postby Mr. Log » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 pm

I would read that.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Log-Man wrote:I would read that.

You see it will happen. More likely not in the way that Copter describes it but there will be a one-shot or limited series about Scott in prison or wherever they decide to keep mutants terrorists in prison.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 313 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 am

:smt011
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 373 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

leave a comment with facebook