Advertisement

DC Nation Pulled From Schedule? (Updated)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:00 am

Those hoping for some new DC Nation this morning might be in for a surprise. DC Nation has been pulled from Cartoon Network's line-up for at least the next two weeks.

Source: Cartoon Network

October 12, 2012

Surprisingly and without warning, while comics and geek culture are in the spotlight at New York Comic Con, Cartoon Network has made an abrupt change in their schedule, literally the last minute. According to their posted schedule, they have pulled new episodes of Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice, a.k.a. the DC Nation block, in favor of repeats of Johnny Test and Dreamworks' How to Train Your Dragon TV show. For those thinking it may due to CN celebrating its anniversary or simply as a short break while Comic Con is happening, well, the same block of cartoons is listed again for next week. Again, there is no sign at all of DC Nation. Several Outhousers are reporting that the DC Nation episodes are still listed on their local cable guide, despite the changes to Cartoon Network's website.

New episodes of Ben Ten: Omniverse and Star Wars: The Clone Wars will continue to air at their regular time. And the reason for this hiatus? There is no word from Cartoon Network or DC officially on when the block will return, and they're unlikely to respond to inquries from us, as we are industry pariahs. Even more bizarre is that the block had just returned with new episodes. This reporter will keep you updated on the story as it develops and more information is learned.

October 13, 2012

Updates as they occur:

of DC Nation's Green Lantern was as shocked by the move as fans:

Still no statement from Cartoon Network as to why they pulled successful shows and put up re-runs and unexpected shows last minute.  The assumption is that DC Nation will return after October, but with no word from the network, fans and even DC Nation show creators are left guessing. Perhaps fans at NYCC can swarm the Cartoon Network booth and get answers?

Update 2:

Cartoon Network finally remembered people actually watch their network and might want some answers:

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 11 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Re: DC Nation Pulled From Schedule

Postby prozacman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:12 am

WTF!?!?!

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:17 am

Cable Vison still has the shows listed for tomorrow.

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 451 posts

Postby pastajoe » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:35 am

Still listed on Time Warner Cable.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 297 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:53 am

This better be a mistake of some kind

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:59 am

I hope this isn't true, but at least I have a warning it might be happening. It's still listed here, but the guide doesn't always update for last minute changes.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 242 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: DC Nation Pulled From Schedule?

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:58 am

It might be a glitch. SUPPOSEDLY. But then again it might not be.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:10 am

Zechs reporting was on the money. Cartoon Network fucks over superhero fans again :(

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 470 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:16 am

:x

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 am

What am I supposed to do until TMNT, assuming Nick doesn't pull it like CN as well? :smt013

Star Lord
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 507 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Star Lord » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:00 am

Yeah this is a load of shit! My son was really pissed when we went to watch Green Lantern this morning and got repeats of the Dragon show instead.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 297 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:46 am

Tee-Roy'd wrote:Yeah this is a load of shit! My son was really pissed when we went to watch Green Lantern this morning and got repeats of the Dragon show instead.

Well Green Lantern pisses me off but Yea this sucks. I want my young justice goddamnit!!!!!!!!!
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:01 am

Lord Ice wrote:What am I supposed to do until TMNT, assuming Nick doesn't pull it like CN as well? :smt013

They won't. Nick invested a TON of money into TMNT.

Oddcl
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Oddcl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I have no clue last week for some reason my stupid dvr recorded 1 minute of both programs and ended...I was furious been waiting for them to be put up as Video on Demand and now seeing episodes of how to train your dragon which is a great show replacing the time slot but reruns of it just made me even more mad. If it was a new episode then I would be mad but be like hey at least some story progression for my end but no.

I do love ben 10 but the new series is still not the same as the previous....whatever I'm rambling out of confusion and frustration but still DC Nation was a huge success and if it was pulled because of parents complaining then maybe they should just put it on at a later hour like adult swim. Avatar is never pulled from Nickelodeon and that has as much darkness in themes as the DC block did for young justice....did enjoy the green lantern series but doesn't have the kick that young justice has....brought back the good old justice league days for me and I am going to completely stop watching CN if they remove that block permanently and only support their adult swim block.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Oddcl wrote:I have no clue last week for some reason my stupid dvr recorded 1 minute of both programs and ended...I was furious been waiting for them to be put up as Video on Demand and now seeing episodes of how to train your dragon which is a great show replacing the time slot but reruns of it just made me even more mad. If it was a new episode then I would be mad but be like hey at least some story progression for my end but no.

I do love ben 10 but the new series is still not the same as the previous....whatever I'm rambling out of confusion and frustration but still DC Nation was a huge success and if it was pulled because of parents complaining then maybe they should just put it on at a later hour like adult swim. Avatar is never pulled from Nickelodeon and that has as much darkness in themes as the DC block did for young justice....did enjoy the green lantern series but doesn't have the kick that young justice has....brought back the good old justice league days for me and I am going to completely stop watching CN if they remove that block permanently and only support their adult swim block.

I know. CN is a wonky bunch at times. There's still no official word on the move. However, Gl producer Giancarlo Volpe and YJ co-creator are Brandon Vietti PISSED as well. Just check out their tweets:

https://twitter.com/Giancarlo_Volpe
https://twitter.com/BrandonVietti

For the record Brandon said this about it:

I hate waking up to bad news.

Hopefully it's just he found out about it and not anything worse.
Last edited by Zechs on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum