Tuesday, June 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Nation Pulled From Schedule? (Updated)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:00 am

DC Nation Pulled From Schedule? (Updated)

Those hoping for some new DC Nation this morning might be in for a surprise. DC Nation has been pulled from Cartoon Network's line-up for at least the next two weeks.



Source: Cartoon Network

October 12, 2012



Surprisingly and without warning, while comics and geek culture are in the spotlight at New York Comic Con, Cartoon Network has made an abrupt change in their schedule, literally the last minute. According to their posted schedule, they have pulled new episodes of Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice, a.k.a. the DC Nation block, in favor of repeats of Johnny Test and Dreamworks' How to Train Your Dragon TV show. For those thinking it may due to CN celebrating its anniversary or simply as a short break while Comic Con is happening, well, the same block of cartoons is listed again for next week. Again, there is no sign at all of DC Nation. Several Outhousers are reporting that the DC Nation episodes are still listed on their local cable guide, despite the changes to Cartoon Network's website.

New episodes of Ben Ten: Omniverse and Star Wars: The Clone Wars will continue to air at their regular time. And the reason for this hiatus? There is no word from Cartoon Network or DC officially on when the block will return, and they're unlikely to respond to inquries from us, as we are industry pariahs. Even more bizarre is that the block had just returned with new episodes. This reporter will keep you updated on the story as it develops and more information is learned.

 

 

October 13, 2012



 

Updates as they occur:

of DC Nation's Green Lantern was as shocked by the move as fans:

 

   Still no statement from Cartoon Network as to why they pulled successful shows and put up re-runs and unexpected shows last minute.  The assumption is that DC Nation will return after October, but with no word from the network, fans and even DC Nation show creators are left guessing. Perhaps fans at NYCC can swarm the Cartoon Network booth and get answers?

 





Update 2:

   Cartoon Network finally remembered people actually watch their network and might want some answers:



Written or Contributed by Zechs


READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
User avatar

prozacman

Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:12 am

WTF!?!?!
User avatar

prozacman

Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:17 am

Cable Vison still has the shows listed for tomorrow.
User avatar

pastajoe

Fagorstorm

Postby pastajoe » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:35 am

Still listed on Time Warner Cable.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:53 am

This better be a mistake of some kind
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:59 am

I hope this isn't true, but at least I have a warning it might be happening. It's still listed here, but the guide doesn't always update for last minute changes.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:58 am

It might be a glitch. SUPPOSEDLY. But then again it might not be.
User avatar

prozacman

Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:10 am

Zechs reporting was on the money. Cartoon Network fucks over superhero fans again :(
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:16 am

:x
User avatar

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 am

What am I supposed to do until TMNT, assuming Nick doesn't pull it like CN as well? :smt013
User avatar

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:00 am

Yeah this is a load of shit! My son was really pissed when we went to watch Green Lantern this morning and got repeats of the Dragon show instead.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:46 am

Tee-Roy'd wrote:Yeah this is a load of shit! My son was really pissed when we went to watch Green Lantern this morning and got repeats of the Dragon show instead.

Well Green Lantern pisses me off but Yea this sucks. I want my young justice goddamnit!!!!!!!!!
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:01 am

Lord Ice wrote:What am I supposed to do until TMNT, assuming Nick doesn't pull it like CN as well? :smt013

They won't. Nick invested a TON of money into TMNT.

Oddcl

Faster Pussycat

Postby Oddcl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I have no clue last week for some reason my stupid dvr recorded 1 minute of both programs and ended...I was furious been waiting for them to be put up as Video on Demand and now seeing episodes of how to train your dragon which is a great show replacing the time slot but reruns of it just made me even more mad. If it was a new episode then I would be mad but be like hey at least some story progression for my end but no.

I do love ben 10 but the new series is still not the same as the previous....whatever I'm rambling out of confusion and frustration but still DC Nation was a huge success and if it was pulled because of parents complaining then maybe they should just put it on at a later hour like adult swim. Avatar is never pulled from Nickelodeon and that has as much darkness in themes as the DC block did for young justice....did enjoy the green lantern series but doesn't have the kick that young justice has....brought back the good old justice league days for me and I am going to completely stop watching CN if they remove that block permanently and only support their adult swim block.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Oddcl wrote:I have no clue last week for some reason my stupid dvr recorded 1 minute of both programs and ended...I was furious been waiting for them to be put up as Video on Demand and now seeing episodes of how to train your dragon which is a great show replacing the time slot but reruns of it just made me even more mad. If it was a new episode then I would be mad but be like hey at least some story progression for my end but no.

I do love ben 10 but the new series is still not the same as the previous....whatever I'm rambling out of confusion and frustration but still DC Nation was a huge success and if it was pulled because of parents complaining then maybe they should just put it on at a later hour like adult swim. Avatar is never pulled from Nickelodeon and that has as much darkness in themes as the DC block did for young justice....did enjoy the green lantern series but doesn't have the kick that young justice has....brought back the good old justice league days for me and I am going to completely stop watching CN if they remove that block permanently and only support their adult swim block.



I know. CN is a wonky bunch at times. There's still no official word on the move. However, Gl producer Giancarlo Volpe and YJ co-creator are Brandon Vietti PISSED as well. Just check out their tweets:

https://twitter.com/Giancarlo_Volpe
https://twitter.com/BrandonVietti


For the record Brandon said this about it:

I hate waking up to bad news.


Hopefully it's just he found out about it and not anything worse.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fysh, Google [Bot], Pizza Dog and 58 guests