Monday, May 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Google Remembers Little Nemo in Slumberland

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Google Remembers Little Nemo in Slumberland

Today's Google Doodle celebrates the 107th anniversary of the influential comic strip!

Cartoonist and animator Winsor McCay died in 1934, but his art continues to influence creative people to this day.

Take for example whoever it is at Google who's in charge of the Google Doodles.  Every now and again, Google will modify their logo to mark some occassion of note, and often makes them in some way interactive.  Today, Google celebrates the 107th anniversary of McCay's strip Little Nemo in Slumberland debuting in newspapers.  Click away and find yourself in the intricate world McCay made famous, as Google comes pretty close to aping the master cartoonist's sense of whimsy, surrealism, and design sense.  

Click over to Google (you probably know where that is) and click your way into a nighttime misadventure.  It isn't McCay, but we'll take it.  

Written or Contributed by Royal Nonesuch

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:57 pm

I just saw it. It was spectacular and I'm still not through it all.

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:59 pm

I saw the whole thing earlier, and it's definitely spectacular.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Where is Marlon and Dory? :smt017

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:15 pm

If you have never seen Winsor McKay's Little Nemo - GO!

My favorite Nemo page was his visit to Detroit. It blew my mind, not just for the spectacular art but because it mentions how in 1911, my hometown was once considered the "prettiest city in the country". :shock:

leave a comment with facebook