Advertisement

Arrow Fights a Firefly

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Arrow Fights a Firefly

Postby LOLtron » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Arrow Fights a Firefly

The DC villain will be making an appearance on the CW show.

Source: Zap2It

Arrow is playing with fire.  The CW has confirmed that the show's tenth episode will introduce Firefly, a Batman villain and pyromaniac.  Zap2It released the following synopsis about the episode. 

"Arrow": In episode 110, Oliver will meet Garfield -- a firefighter who was horribly burned three years ago, and never recovered from the trauma. Since then, he's been abandoned by his wife and kids, and he's now described as a "bitter, vengeful shell of a man." Meanwhile, the Starling City Fire Chief is also haunted by Garfield's injury... since he's the one who was forced to leave Garfield behind to burn.

The show seems to be much more proactive than Smallville in bringing in established DC villains for Green Arrow to fight.  Deadshot, Deathstroke, the Royal Flush Gang and China White will all be appearing on the show in upcoming weeks.  Also, Firefly's a villain typically associated with Batman, could the show be laying some groundwork for an expanded universe?

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Re: Arrow Fights a Firefly

Postby Draco x » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:15 pm

I wonder how many episodes this show will last before the inevitable cancellation in the near future?

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Killer Moth or gtfo
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:36 pm

draco x wrote:I wonder how many episodes this show will last before the inevitable cancellation in the near future?

The show did garner CW's highest ratings in three years, so 13 episodes max.

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 83 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:52 pm

BlueMole wrote:

Ugh, ya prolly but I hope not. Arrow > Nolanman, better fight choreography, better backstory, better characterization, and lethal force FTMFW!!!

Working a Hamlet angle isn't too shabby either, Revenge is for Boys!!! :smt013

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:24 am

BlueMole wrote:

Well that's an improvement over Birds Of Prey so chances are the next cancellation-prone show from DC might actually last a full season after Arrow gets pulled.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:29 am

draco x wrote:
Well that's an improvement over Birds Of Prey so chances are the next cancellation-prone show from DC might actually last a full season after Arrow gets pulled.

Yeah, DC has a really crappy run with how long their live action shows. Birds of Prey got cancelled pretty fast and Smallville lasted only ten seasons.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:36 am

Unless there's a huge drop in ratings, Arrow's going to be around for a while. If it establishes more ground-level heroes, Arrow plus the Nolanverse's success and a good Man of Steel film is a good foundation for a live-action DC universe. I mean, why just rely on the movies?

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 pm

BlueMole wrote:
Yeah, DC has a really crappy run with how long their live action shows. Birds of Prey got cancelled pretty fast and Smallville lasted only ten seasons.

I actually liked Smallville myself. BOP came and went so fast that I barely noticed it. I honestly have never been a Green Arrow fan so I can't have any interest in checking out his show at any point.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:26 pm

False Prophet wrote:Unless there's a huge drop in ratings, Arrow's going to be around for a while. If it establishes more ground-level heroes, Arrow plus the Nolanverse's success and a good Man of Steel film is a good foundation for a live-action DC universe. I mean, why just rely on the movies?

I would agree with this statement if DC had brains.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Latest promo pics for the "Burned" episode premiering January 16

This episode picks up six weeks after the midseason finale, which saw Stephen Amell’s hooded vigilante beaten down by the Dark Archer. Back in action, the Hood (as he’s known in Starling City) finds himself squaring off against a man named Garfield, a fireman-turned-firebug with a mad-on for his former fire chief

-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 pm

draco x wrote:I wonder how many episodes this show will last before the inevitable cancellation in the near future?

Well ratings (pretty sure the best the CW has had for years) and critical as well as commercial success so far as well a pretty early season 2 pick up lead me to believe not anytime soon.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Tonight ! 8)
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 326 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:55 pm

doombug wrote:Well ratings (pretty sure the best the CW has had for years) and critical as well as commercial success so far as well a pretty early season 2 pick up lead me to believe not anytime soon.

where did you read about a season 2 pick up already?? i read tv/entertainment websites daily, and no one has ever reported a season 2 pick up... tvline (which is pretty good on the tv news) has it listed as a "sure thing" but nothing definitive...

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:52 pm

e_galston wrote:
where did you read about a season 2 pick up already?? i read tv/entertainment websites daily, and no one has ever reported a season 2 pick up... tvline (which is pretty good on the tv news) has it listed as a "sure thing" but nothing definitive...

I swear I read it back in October that CW already picked it up for a second season?

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum