Advertisement

Syfy Original Movie: Rise of the Zombies

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 232 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 am

Horrifying zombies take a bite out of Day 27 of Syfy's 31 Days of Halloween horror fest, tonight.

Mariel HemingwayTonight zombies take center stage in Syfy's new original movie, Rise of the Zombies, the latest addition to the network's 31 Days of Halloween campaign. In this smartly cast nightmare the island prison of Alcatraz serves as a last bastion of humanity which desperate survivors, led by Academy Award nominated Mariel Hemingway along with Danny Trejo (Sons of Anarchy, Machete), flee to search for a scientist rumored to've found a cure for the ravenous plague.

Nick Lyon (Zombie Apocalypse, Species: The Awakening) directs this ballistic chiller, feauturing LeVar Burton, Ethan Suplee (My Name is Earl), Chad Lindberg (Alex Cross, Supernatural), Heather Hemmens (Hellcats, 3 Musketeers), Andy Clemence (Super Cyclone, 3 Musketeers) and French Stewart. Headshots abound in this blood-stained story of undead terror no zombie fan will want to miss.

The shocking action begins tonight (10/27) @ 9/8c on Syfy. Imagine Greater.

Written or Contributed by Nightfly

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Re: Syfy Original Movie: Rise of the Zombies

Postby jeremy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 pm

I hope this is better than their last zombie movie. That was gave me nightmares because of how bad it was.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 121 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:47 pm

If French Stewart gets killed, it's a worthwhile movie. Otherwise, fuck it. :P

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 415 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 am

Checked this out last night after work as part of my horror moviefest this weekend. For a SyFy movie it wasn't the total piece of shit that most of their movies normally are. Had decent actors, the zombie make up was pretty good, most of the other effects were shitty but that is not unexpected. The plot reminded me a lot of the of the campaigns in the Left For Dead video games, and it has all the staples of people in a Zombie outbreak doing all the dumb shit they normally do. Overall I'd give it a B.
ImageImageImage

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 268 posts

Postby GHERU » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:01 am

this was hilarious
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 329 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:23 pm

I loved the swimming zombies. Then these dumb-fucks decide to take a raft .. yes, a raft .. into those same zombie-infested waters to get to the mainland.

Although the best scene had to be Levar Burton cutting out a huge chunk of his own arm to feed his zombie-girlfriend :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum