Advertisement

Next Muppets Movie Casts Christopher Waltz

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 364 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:00 am

Muppet movie casting news, plus plot info - the movie will be set in Europe.

Source: Bleeding Cool

There is some casting news about the upcoming Muppets sequel, and, since we cite our sources, we'll tell you that we found this story on Bleeding Cool, who got it from the Hollywood Reporter. With that out of the way, being as we've had a late night trick or treating, we're just gonna go ahead and download the same image of Waltz BC used for our thumbnail. Because that's how we roll, Brendan Connelly! What?!

In any case, Christopher Waltz has been cast as an Interpol inspector, which is apparently a major role in the film. Interpol is the European version of the FBI. Isn't that cute? In case you couldn't tell, the film will also be set "in Europe," and other roles being casted for are a Russian femme fatale and a "mysterious figure whose intentions are always in doubt."

I would make fun of the Muppets to show how cool and witty I am, but I actually had a guitar playing priest play songs from the Muppet movie at my wedding. Yeah, I'm married. That means I've scored.

Nicholas Stoller and James Bobin co-wrote the script for the movie, and Bobin, who directed 2011's The Muppets, is returning to direct.

Personally, I think Jim Henson said it best when he said, "Anybody got an aspirin? I think I've got a cold."

There's no release date or trailer yet, so instead, we'll just post this video from MTV's seminal nineties sketch comedy show, The State:

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 445 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: Next Muppets Movie Casts Christopher Waltz

Postby Keb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:22 am

I wonder if he's going to shoot or strangle a Muppet?

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 363 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 am

Keb wrote:I wonder if he's going to shoot or strangle a Muppet?

"Au Revoir, Pigshanna!"

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 608 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 am

Still bummed that Segal isn't returning for this.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum