Advertisement

Election Fallout: Rob Liefeld vs. Ethan Van Sciver

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 pm

One day after the election, and the comics world is even more partisan and divided than before. Thanks, Obama!

Source: Ethan Van Sciver's Awesome Facebook Page

Often, following a divisive election, the nation begins a healing process that begins to bring two opposing sides back together. Not this time.

Today, Rob Liefeld, legendary comic book artist and outspoken egomaniac, had begun a shit talking campaign on Twitter against slightly less legendary but arguably more technically sound comic book artist Ethan Van Sciver. The Wednesday morning attacks are extremely out of character for Liefeld, who normally only engages in tactless Twitter shit talking on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Here's what Liefeld had to say:

This guy online is such an idiot. Acted the fool online for MONTHS, now he is a political healer urging tolerance. Can bear no more.

Sorry, my earlier statement is about a loud mouth conservative who was as divisive as possible over last 3 months.

Nah, last thing this guy needs is more attention RT @marvelzombiek @robertliefeld who is it?

Of course, though he does not name names, Liefeld is referring to Van Sciver, who, presumably after being promised a position in disgraced presidential candidate Mitt Romney's cabinet as Secretary of Social Media Trolling, has been relentlessly campaigning for Romney on his Facebook page for the past six months. Following Mitt Romney's tragic defeat, dashing Van Sciver's hopes and dreams for a utopian capitalist America with a president who is white, Van Sciver was humble and reasonable, saying:

Conservatives who are bitter, please follow my awesome example. You know that even when I'm wrong, I'm right, yes? Obama won a second term, and by a very slim margin. He says he's listened and learned. I'm going to go easy on Barack for a year, and give him the benefit of a doubt. I will become a fan of his, (if not his policies) if he's a big enough man to go to Congress and say, "the last four years didn't work out between us. Let's start over again." And then actually listen, instead of saying , "Well, I won." again.

A lot of goofy Leftist stuff is going to be implemented. Those are the spoils of victory. But this is still about jobs. Let's watch and see and hope that things are different this time. Maybe Bill Clinton taught him something.

Van Sciver, however, has different ideas as to the motivation behind Liefeld's vicious attacks:

He's mad at me over these polls I've been doing, and this election is his excuse for lashing out. So let's do another poll. :)

The polls in question are a weekly series of Liefeld approval rating polls, which Van Sciver, a brilliant performance artist, has been running on his Facebook page for the past several weeks. Liefeld's approval rating this morning: 18%.

It should be noted that it is entirely possible that the entire exchange is performance art, as the two have seemed friendly in the past, and both seem to enjoy the attention that making controversial statements on social media affords. In any case, The Outhouse will keep you posted, as usual, on future developments in comic creator shit talking. In the meantime, perhaps we can answer at least one question from this debacle, as asked by Van Sciver:

Why can't Rob Liefeld be more like me?

Because you can draw feet, Ethan. Because you can draw feet.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 228 posts

Re: Election Fallout: Rob Liefeld vs. Ethan Van Sciver

Postby GHERU » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm

:lol:
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 120 posts

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 659 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Ethan Van Sciver's good humor has officially earned him most favored creator status with the Outhouse. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:58 pm

I would love to see these two in a boxing match together.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 188 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:19 pm

:lol:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 659 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Update: EVS fans are now tweeting polite things to do @robertliefeld with the hashtag #BeLikeEVS with the intention of teaching Rob how to be nicer.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BeLikeEVS&src=hash

Some examples:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 494 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

draco x wrote:I would love to see these two in a boxing match together.

Or a rap battle. :D

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 476 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Often, following a divisive election, the nation begins a healing process that begins to bring two opposing sides back together.

Often?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 am

HNutz wrote:
Or a rap battle. :D

Sciver would win hands down as he would diss Rob about his inability to draw feet correctly. :-D :-D :-D :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand