Advertisement

Fourteen Year Old Boy Thrilled about New Constantine Series

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 230 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 am

The adolescent youth is thrilled that his mother will finally let him have Constantine comics in his room.

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire

While many fans are railing against DC’s decision to replace the long-running series Hellblazer with a watered-down PG-13 series entitled Constantine, at least one reader is thrilled by the decision.  Fourteen year old Johnny Ackley is excited about the new series.  “I’ve loved Constantine ever since I saw the movie at a sleepover last year,” Johnny said, referencing the critically panned Keanu Reeve movie.  “I’ve always wanted to read more about him, but my mom won’t let me.”

Johnny’s mother, a devout Christian named Margaret, confirmed that she wouldn’t allow any Hellblazer comics in her home.  “After my son became obsessed with this British ne’er-do-well, I went to the store to see if these comics were appropriate for him to read,” she said.  “My word, I’ve never read such an offensive comic.  Casual sex!  Cursing!  Demonic worship!  There was no way I’d allow my Johnny to be corrupted by such a vile thing.”

After reading the comic, Johnny's mother instituted a strict ban of Hellblazer from the Ackley household.  "I cried when she tore down my Constantine poster," Johnny said.  "Now she only lets me read stuff like Identity Crisis and Catwoman." 

Johnny was ecstatic to hear that DC had decided to scrub Constantine of his more offensive habits.  “My friend told me about the news while we were shooting hookers in the new Grand Theft Auto MMORPG,” he said. “I was so excited, I killed like a dozen cops in celebration!”

The teenager also didn’t seem to be upset to learn that the character would be dialed down from his gritty roots.  “Keanu Reeves wasn’t gritty at all and he was perfect as the character,” Johnny said.  “I don’t see why the comics needed to be either.”

Johnny's mother was also relieved to hear of Hellblazer's cancelation.  "I see no reason why superhero comics need to deal with adult themes," she said.  "Luckily, mainstream comics never feature things like sex, gratuitous violence, or casual drug use."

However, she remains weary about the prospect of letting her son read the new Constantine series.  “I heard that Constantine smokes,” she said.  “I don’t think it’s a good idea for my son to look up to a character that has such low regards for his health.” 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 725 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Fourteen Year Old Boy Thrilled about New Constantine Ser

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am

:lol: At least someone is happy.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 294 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:07 pm

LOLtron wrote:"Now she only lets me read stuff like Identity Crisis and Catwoman." 

I'd rather let "Johnny" read Hellblazer; at least that book is competently written.

nattygreene
Whale Castrato

Liked in: 0 post

Postby nattygreene » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:58 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I love this.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand