Advertisement

Just a Little More Blud: Guns and Ammo

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am

High projectile weapons and Blud. Another perfect combination.

You know it.  I know it.  Even your grandmother knows it. Jude Terror is insane.  That doesn't have a lot to do with this here comic until you read about his adventures with Wikipedia and Fruit Cocktail.  Only then do you realize the truth.  That you already know.  Anyway, here's a comic. 

As per usual, you can get it EVEN EARLIER at http://jalmb.theouthousers.com/

A Treatise

Notes from the Bludhouse

I'm not sure what's weirder: the types of topics you end up on when surfing wikipedia, or the information you learn about those topics. For instance, did you know that:

In the United States, the USDA stipulates that canned "fruit cocktail" must contain a certain percentage distribution of pears, grapes, cherries, peaches, and pineapples to be marketed as fruit cocktail. It must contain fruits in the following range of percentages:
30% to 50% diced peaches, any yellow variety
25% to 45% diced pears, any variety
6% to 16% diced pineapple, any variety
6% to 20% whole grapes, any seedless variety
2% to 6% cherry halves, any light sweet or artificial red variety

It seems oddly specific, and, of course, begs the question of why such a thing even needs to be regulated. After some discussion with SuperginraiX and my colleague at The Outhouse, Xaraan, we've decided that the most likely theory is that companies, out to screw the consumer, would attempt to pad the cocktail with the cheaper fruit, like pears and peaches, while cutting down on the quantity of more desirable fruit. The regulations, however, provide for a minimum of 14% pineapples, grapes, and cherries, which leaves a whopping 86% for pears and peaches, and one would think that such a sparse ratio would already be just about at the boundary of what a company would want to push in the free market. Then again, I'm fairly certain I've gotten cans of fruit cocktail with no cherries at all, though, come to think of it, those may have been labeled "mixed fruit," which I suppose would be an example of these very regulations in action.

God bless America.

That being said, the wikipedia page for fruit cocktail, which was so detailed above, also contains the following statement: Fruits salad is also great for parties. Improper pluralization of fruit aside, this statement is disturbing for the concerns about editorial conflict of interest it raises. Whether or not fruit salad is great for parties is a wholly subjective matter, and hardly the type of information one would consider factual and verifiable. Its very presence calls the accuracy of the entire article into question.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Just a Little More Blud.

-Jude Terror

Written or Contributed by SuperginraiX

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand