Advertisement

It's Official - Paul Cornell and Alan Davis to Work on Wolverine

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 230 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Issue #1 is slated for a March 2013.

Source: Press Release

Cornell is best known for his work on titles such as Action Comics and Stormwatch, while Davis has worked on such titles as Excalibur and Uncanny X-Men. Press Release down below:

New York. NY—November 20, 2012— This March, Logan takes on all new challenges in Wolverine #1, kicking off the all-new ongoing series from the blockbuster creative team of writer Paul Cornell and artist Alan Davis! As part of Marvel NOW!, Wolverine  joins a number of titles that will take the Marvel Universe in an exciting all-new direction, as the industry’s top creators join the top Super Heroes to deliver all-new ongoing series, great for new and lapsed readers alike!

When pitted against a villain unlike any Wolverine has faced before, Logan must rely on his instinct in order to ensure innocent bystanders remain unharmed. And when the threat is something Wolverine cannot see – how will he be able to unleash the animal within and keep the body count low? 

“Wolverine will have to use all of his considerable instincts and skills to track down a seemingly unbeatable adversary unlike anyone — or anything — he's ever faced before," said Axel Alonso, Editor In Chief, Marvel Entertainment. "Paul Cornell and Alan Davis are delivering a globe-spanning, high-octane adventure, chocked full of big budget action and cameos by Marvel's finest super heroes, that will leave readers gasping, and begging for more."

Marvel NOW! is the culmination of Marvel ReEvolution, the groundbreaking new initiative to evolve the comic book experience through innovation. With Wolverine, Marvel NOW! ensures fans will discover an entirely new perspective in the adventures of Logan.

“This is the series that gets into what makes James Logan tick, that shows him being, as he puts it, ‘a regular guy’, interacting with civilian friends of his in New York City,” said writer Paul Cornell in an interview with Marvel.com. “The most amazing thing about James is that he's been alive so long, gone through so many extraordinary things, is such a strange being, but holds on—very hard—to being a guy who likes to hang out in bars with good company, who can run a school, who's a decent, civilized man.  Most of the time. No vampire alienation and boredom for him. He's a man of the people. I'm going to poke that and see what happens.”

Each issue of Wolverine includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Touch® & Android devices). Additionally, each issue of Wolverine features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

“Not only does every book with the Marvel NOW! logo feature a new superstar creative team and blockbuster story, but they also come with all-new incentives for our retailer partners,” explained David Gabriel, Senior Vice-President of Sales, Marvel Entertainment.. “We want to make sure every comic shop nationwide is fully stocked to meet the high demand we’re already seeing for Marvel NOW! And want to make sure their voices are heard throughout this exciting time. Stay tuned for more news on how Marvel will be working directly with retailers to make sure our programs address their needs.”

An all-new direction! All-new threats! This is Wolverine NOW!

This March, Paul Cornell and Alan Davis take on a new chapter in Logan’s life in WOLVERINE #1!

WOLVERINE #1

Written by PAUL CORNELL

Art & Cover by ALAN DAVIS

ON SALE MARCH 2013

Written or Contributed by GLX

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Re: It's Official - Paul Cornell and Alan Davis to Work on W

Postby GLX » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Can't say that I'm a fan of the cover. Wolverine's pose, along with the placement of the text, makes for an awkward cover.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:04 am

Gonna be interesting. I've never thought of Davis as being the kind of artist that would work on Wolverine, as his are tends to be lighter in tone, and trends towards more fantastic concepts (see Excalibur).

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:22 am

The Nacireman wrote:Gonna be interesting. I've never thought of Davis as being the kind of artist that would work on Wolverine, as his are tends to be lighter in tone, and trends towards more fantastic concepts (see Excalibur).

Balderdash. His Wolvy was awesome back during the Mutant Massacre era (Uncanny 213 is still my favorite X-cover ever) and Davis's "The Twelve"-era run.

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 17 posts

Postby UnionJack » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 am

chap22 wrote:Balderdash. His Wolvy was awesome back during the Mutant Massacre era (Uncanny 213 is still my favorite X-cover ever) and Davis's "The Twelve"-era run.

Agreed - never read The Twelve but his 2 or 3 issues in the MM storyline depicted a ferocious fight between Wolverine & Sabretooth. Davis is my favourite artist & I think he's one of the best for Wolverine.

Can't wait for this.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 am

chap22 wrote:Balderdash. His Wolvy was awesome back during the Mutant Massacre era (Uncanny 213 is still my favorite X-cover ever) and Davis's "The Twelve"-era run.

Could've sworn JRJR was still on the book during Mutant Massacre. Wasn't a huge X-Men reader at the time.

I'd put "The Twelve" more in the "fantastic" area, though. Depends on what kind of book it's going to be, I guess.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 425 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:41 am

Cover to Uncanny X-Men 213 (the last part of the mutant massacre in the book): Davis drew the issue and it featured Sabretooth attacking Psylocke and Rogue and Wolverine and Sabretooth battling it out.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 547 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 am

Honestly, I'm looking forward more to the writing than the art.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:24 am

The Nacireman wrote:Gonna be interesting. I've never thought of Davis as being the kind of artist that would work on Wolverine, as his are tends to be lighter in tone, and trends towards more fantastic concepts (see Excalibur).

check out this year's Wolverine annual :-D

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:50 am

The Nacireman wrote:
Could've sworn JRJR was still on the book during Mutant Massacre. Wasn't a huge X-Men reader at the time.

I'd put "The Twelve" more in the "fantastic" area, though. Depends on what kind of book it's going to be, I guess.

JRJr started it, Davis finished it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand