Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Nick's TMNT Has Their Casey Jones?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Nick's TMNT Has Their Casey Jones?

A rumor has surfaced of Nick casting the role of Casey Jones for TMNT.

The role of the hockey masked vigilante will be possibly voiced by Dante Basco (Avatar: The Last Airbender/the Legend of Korra). This reporter says possibly since that's all this truly is, a rumor.  The rumor started at TurtlePedia and has since flowed through tumblr and other sites like a rampant fire with everyone listing it as the original source and nothing else.

It should be noted, neither Nickelodeon, nor other primary TMNT news sites (Technodrome) have confirmed this bit of casting news at all. So for those over anxious TMNT fans. So until then stay tuned for further updates.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:37 pm

... :|

Unless Basco's a more versatile voice artist than he's shown previously, I don't think he's a good fit for Casey Jones. For me, it was a bit of a stretch that he voiced that character on The Legend of Korra, even with the cute "Thanks, Aang" tribute.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Herald wrote:... :|

Unless Basco's a more versatile voice artist than he's shown previously, I don't think he's a good fit for Casey Jones. For me, it was a bit of a stretch that he voiced that character on The Legend of Korra, even with the cute "Thanks, Aang" line.

It depends. If he uses the voice he used in Jake Long MAYBE it can work.

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Zechs wrote:
It depends. If he uses the voice he used in Jake Long MAYBE it can work.

Actually, that just proves my point. His Jake Long sounds pretty much the same as his Zuko, but with lots of Totally Radical slang.

I like Dante Basco's work, but Mel Blanc he ain't.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 pm

this show is very good.

I have one minor complaint, that i have with a lot of CGI shows. The world feels under populated, and unreal. Like this isn't new york it's just some dark poorly designed set. I wonder if there is a trope for that?

Still a very good show though.

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Rockman wrote:this show is very good.

I have one minor complaint, that i have with a lot of CGI shows. The world feels under populated, and unreal. Like this isn't new york it's just some dark poorly designed set. I wonder if there is a trope for that?

Rule of Animation Conservation

Animation is expensive, you know, even when it's CGI. The animation companies can't afford to show all the people who are supposed to be in New York, or Tokyo, or whatever City of Adventure the shows take place in.

Oh, and for the record: The Trope Team Thinks of EVERYTHING. 8)

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:29 pm

I’m curious of course to see Casey but I’m in no rush to see him. The interactions between the four brothers is just so great how it is, I just want to enjoy it for a while more.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Rockman wrote:this show is very good.

It doesn’t feel like a real city but I just imagine they’re always out and about and two in the morning. :P

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 pm

I'd like to see some daytime stuff, or something in a well lit warehouse or something. The show is very dark, and I think that is because it's easier to make a convincing set when everything is washed out rather than actually illuminated and showing what there is. I'm sure that stuff will improve as time moves on.

I'm also not fond of Dogpound's strange arms.

leave a comment with facebook