Advertisement

Internet Calls for James Gunn's Head on a Platter in Sexism Witch Hunt

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:07 pm

The Guardians of the Galaxy director is the latest target of a witch hunt to destroy anyone who makes an off color joke about women on the internet.

Source: Google Cache - Original Post Has Been Deleted

Controversy is raging today over comments James Gunn made about Batwoman in 2011. Apparently, Gunn regularly runs a poll on his Tumblr asking which comic book characters his fans would like to have sex with.

In response to the result, Gunn posted the following comments about Batwoman, who ranked #32 on the poll:

The lesbian character was voted for almost exclusively by men. I don't know exactly what that means. But I'm hoping for a Marvel-DC crossover so that Tony Stark can "turn" her. She could also have sex with Nightwing and probably still be technically considered a lesbian.

Gunn didn't stop there. About toxic DC character Stephanie Brown, #34, Gunn said:

Being a teen mom and all, you know she’s easy. Go for it.

About Wonder Woman, #1:

It seems like many guys out there are hoping she’ll lasso their penises and make them tell the truth.

The comments have been decried as sexist, misogynistic, and homophobic by popular geek girl website "The Mary Sue," and, of course, by every person with a Tumblr account, despite the fact that most fans of Nightwing would be willing to sleep with the character regardless of sexuality. Gunn's detractors assert that his monstrous comments are not befitting a person who will direct a major comic book movie, and that Stephanie Brown should have ranked much higher on the list. They believe that Gunn should be fired from the movie and probably that his penis should be tarred and feathered, though the obvious sexual deviant might enjoy that.

At first glance, this may seem like an overreaction to a person who is simply encouraging his fans to have sexual fantasies about fictional characters, some of which are underage, but The Outhouse, which supports the rights of overly-sensitive thought police to censor all jokes on the internet, for the greater good, conducted an extensive investigation into Gunn's history and uncovered some disturbing facts.

As everyone knows, when not writing or directing successful movies like Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2, Gunn hosts the popular fashion reality television show Project Runway. It is a well known fact that all contestants on the show are either gay, women, or gay women, but despite their legally protected status as sacred cows, Gunn has critiqued the work of the aspiring designers on almost every episode. How he has never been charged with a hate crime is mind-boggling.

Even more shocking, an investigation into Gunn's former career as a professional wrestler reveals more horrendous homophobic actions. As part of the tag team Billy and Chuck, Gunn falsely portrayed himself as a gay man in love with his partner. The pair, at the behest of their manager Rico, staged a fake gay marriage which they called off at the last minute, revealing that the pair were actually heterosexual. We expect behavior like this on the internet, but in a professional wrestling ring, where the standards of decency have always been impeccably high, we expect better.

If this kind of outrageous behavior is allowed to go unpunished, who knows how far it could set back the civil rights movement. Soon, we may find ourselves in a society where people make jokes, and other people are free to find them funny or not funny. Can you imagine such a terrible place? Clearly, Gunn needs to be fired from Guardians of the Galaxy immediately and replaced by someone who is willing to have all of his Tumblr postings pre-approved by the Ministry of Truth.

Until such a time as Disney recognizes the thoughtcrimes of Gunn and his ilk and removes him from directing responsibilities on Guardians, The Outhouse urges its readers to boycott Disney's otherwise progressive movies, such as Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty. Though these movies present a positive view of the role of women in society, we have no choice but to hit them where it hurts, in their wallets.

So please join us, readers, in eradicating all off-color humor from the internet, and, eventually, the real world as well. We owe it to our children to ensure that they grow up in a sanitized, unfunny society where everyone's feelings are respected no matter how irrational or ridiculous.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 597 posts
Formerly: AMS

Re: Internet Calls for James Gunn's Head on a Platter in Sex

Postby Rockman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:33 pm

I agree with Jude, some people don't have senses of humor.

Was Gunn really a professional wrestler once upon a time?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1143 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Rockman wrote:I agree with Jude, some people don't have senses of humor.

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 482 posts

Postby GHERU » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Rockman wrote:I agree with Jude, some people don't have senses of humor.

no that was billy gunn
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 229 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:01 pm

The saddest thing is that "The Mary Sue" is an actual popular comic book website. Its a place mostly devoted for women to talk shit about things with righteous indignation. but its okay, because they are women.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:02 pm

dairydead wrote:The saddest thing is that "The Mary Sue" is an actual popular comic book website. Its a place mostly devoted for women to talk shit about things with righteous indignation. but its okay, because they are women.

Please retract this statement or it will be your head on the pike next.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:07 pm

Instead of being so dismissive, maybe people should look at WHY people are so upset instead of making cheap jokes and behaving like a privileged ass.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 272 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm

BlueMole wrote:Instead of being so dismissive, maybe people should look at WHY people are so upset instead of making cheap jokes and behaving like a privileged ass.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Its funny because the guy is often posting pro-gay stuff on his facebook. He just criticized the homophobia in the recent Trapped in the Closet episode, and posted this back in October.

"Today is National Coming Out Day. If you're gay, and you've been keeping this from others, today is a good day to let your loved ones know. If you're not gay, support those who are. If you hate gays, recent studies show that homophobic people are far likelier to harbor same-sex attraction. So you are probably gay too, and we love you also.

Many years ago, one of my best friends from high school came out to me as a gay man. Back then, I wasn't the most forward-thinking dude in this area (I'm a dickhead punk rock kid from Missouri), but I STILL took this as a huge honor - and a huge relief. Some sort of truth, a level of intimacy I had with my other friends, had been missing from our relationship. That all opened up in one fell swoop. I saw, very clearly, that a person's sexuality is part of the truth of who they are.

If you're gay and struggling with it, most of us are here for you. We love you. And you're okay just the way you are."

WHAT A FUCKING HOMOPHOBE

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 482 posts

Postby GHERU » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm

dairydead wrote:Its funny because the guy is often posting pro-gay stuff on his facebook. He just criticized the homophobia in the recent Trapped in the Closet episode, and posted this back in October.

"Today is National Coming Out Day. If you're gay, and you've been keeping this from others, today is a good day to let your loved ones know. If you're not gay, support those who are. If you hate gays, recent studies show that homophobic people are far likelier to harbor same-sex attraction. So you are probably gay too, and we love you also.

Many years ago, one of my best friends from high school came out to me as a gay man. Back then, I wasn't the most forward-thinking dude in this area (I'm a dickhead punk rock kid from Missouri), but I STILL took this as a huge honor - and a huge relief. Some sort of truth, a level of intimacy I had with my other friends, had been missing from our relationship. That all opened up in one fell swoop. I saw, very clearly, that a person's sexuality is part of the truth of who they are.

If you're gay and struggling with it, most of us are here for you. We love you. And you're okay just the way you are."

WHAT A FUCKING HOMOPHOBE

now you're getting it
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:18 pm

BlueMole wrote:Instead of being so dismissive, maybe people should look at WHY people are so upset instead of making cheap jokes and behaving like a privileged ass.

Clearly, you've mistaken this site for some other one. :lol:

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Herald wrote:
Clearly, you've mistaken this site for some other one. :lol:

we only do reasonable things here, like post tropes and obsess over asian comic book characters.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 pm

dairydead wrote:
we only do reasonable things here, like post tropes and obsess over asian comic book characters.

Well, we HAVE to do those things, for the good of all.
High standards to maintain, and all that. 8)

But don't forget the cheap jokes and privileged behavior, because that's kinda fun, too!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 pm

The Hollywood Reporter is now reporting on the controversy:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... aws-395184

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum