Advertisement

Munsters Reboot is Alive! Aliiiive!!! No, It's Dead.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:49 pm

NBC cancels Mockingbird Lane, proposed remake of The Munsters, after airing only pilot.

Source: Deadline

Deadline report today that Mockingbird Lane, remake of popular sixties sitcom The Munsters, is not picked up by network for production. NBC pass on pilot in September, but aired as Halloween special to reduce losses. Airing do okay in ratings, leading fans of show to hope for resurrection. Alas, NBC no possess technology to bring dead back to life, so show is officially finished. Should have asked Frank for help.

Frank surprised by news. Munsters was very popular for years after original run in 1960s, airing in syndication for decades. However, NBC executives reportedly feel show about family of monsters does not "work" with modern audience. Frank say this blatant case of racism, and urge monsters and supporters of monsters rights to boycott NBC's shows, at least until Community come back on, because, let's face it, not even Frank have willpower to not watch Community.

With Mockingbird Lane off table, NBC will need new show to take place. Frank recommend remake of another sixties classic, Mister Ed, which is about talking horse. Show is not as well known as Munsters, but high concept would work well with intelligent, sophisticated viewers like Frank.

Concept go like this: Horse is horse, of course, of course. No one talk to horse, of course! Unless, of course, horse, of course, is famous Mister Ed.

Haha! Talking horse make Frank laugh. Frank have horse once. Horse no have anything to say no matter how much Frank try to make conversation, so Frank strangle horse to death.

Frank sad now. Go away.

Written or Contributed by Frankenstein, Former Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Munsters Reboot is Alive! Aliiiive!!! No, It's Dead.

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:41 pm

I watched the pilot on Halloween. It was surprisingly good 8)
Too bad they passed on it.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 156 posts

Postby misac » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Yeah, I liked it too. The part with the spiders was pretty cool.

I think they're making a Mr. Ed movie. :lol:

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 294 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:01 pm

I thought it was outstanding. Too bad.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1065 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:29 pm

I assume that NBC found Mockingbird Lane to be redundant when they already have Whitney. Although if given the choice between 2 shows featuring grotesque monsters, I would have chosen the Munsters myself. :P :groucho:
ImageImageImage

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:45 pm

So much for pedos hoping to see more naked werewolf boy.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum