Advertisement

Possible Character Info on Justice League Movie

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 205 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Information has possibly surfaced of just who will be appearing in the Justice League movie set for 2015.

Source: Excusive: Justice League Movie Character Info; Darkseid's Elite, Lois Lane, Alfred and more

Cosmicbooknews believes they have exclusive look into the characters that'll be appearing in the 2015 Justice League movie. So take this information with a grain of salt given this is just speculation and cannot be confirmed until Bleeding Cool's man of a 1,000 faces, Ricch Johnston decides like the rest of us to start paying attention this than that other big superhero team movie coming out the same year (and no doubt will be infinity better), Avengers 2: Avenging Harder.

Here's what the report has to say (which no doubt will cause some fan boy joy and hate):

- Superman is essentially the same character from "Man of Steel", and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.

- Batman: The strategist of the group. He doesn't really want to be involved with these superpowered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.

- Wonder Woman: She has only been in Men's World a few short months. The "Wonder Woman" script that Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before "Justice League".

- Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from "Green Lantern", but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.

- Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.

- Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.

-  Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key-role in the film.

- There will also be a heavy military presence in the film, which in future rewrites could include characters featured in "Man of Steel" or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.

- Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.

- Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.

- Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.

The report doesn't seem to mention just who will be amongst Darkseid's elite, but it's safe to assume Mantis, Kalibak, Steppenwolf, and the Female Furies will probably be them.

Nor does it say which Flash will be in the film. Though cue Dan Didio and Geoff Johns appearing out of nowhere to force the screenwriters of this film on pain of making them read the first arc of the new 52 Justice League (that has been known to drive the sanest person sark raving mad) to put their favorite Flash Barry Allen. Obviously in their incessive need just to tick Wally West fans even more off. Again Not Avengers 2 movie with Not Thanos will arrive probably sometime early in 2015 to try and dethrone Marvel.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 135 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Re: Possible Character Info on Justice League Movie

Postby Mr. Log » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:52 pm

They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 272 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Stupid Warner and DC. If they make Darkseid the first villain it will easily be considered an Avengers riff. They should have gone with Lex Luthor and the Legion Of Doom instead.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 107 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:10 pm

draco x wrote:Stupid Warner and DC. If they make Darkseid the first villain it will easily be considered an Avengers riff. They should have gone with Lex Luthor and the Legion Of Doom instead.

They probably figure it'll bomb and there won't be a sequel, so they might as well pull out all the stops.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:17 pm

This all sounds like good news.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm

As much as I hate to agree with Draco...he's right. A Legion of Doom type group would've been better by far. Especially so fresh off the Smallville Darkseid turd.

Amusingly people who don't know any better about the comics will probably see it as a Thanos ripoff. A lot of people I know sure did when they saw Thanos in the Street Fighter games in the 90's before they ever saw Darkseid.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 297 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Lex Luthor has been used in every frickin' Superman movie ! Not using him in this one is a better move ! :smt023
Using a villain group as large as the Legion of Doom would require a lot more character development to be included in the script. That would take away screen time from the League members and could be detrimental in the long run. The LOD would be a better use for a sequel.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:57 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Lex Luthor has been used in every frickin' Superman movie ! Not using him in this one is a better move ! :smt023
Using a villain group as large as the Legion of Doom would require a lot more character development to be included in the script. That would take away screen time from the League members and could be detrimental in the long run. The LOD would be a better use for a sequel.

Sinestro
Zod
Luthor

Boom. Other villains could be developed in parallel to the new characters introduced as rivals. If JL Doom could do it then a Hollywood director with a massively oversized salary has no excuses for failing to make it work.

They don't need to give us their life story, just establish them as the bad guys. Not every villain has to be complex, sometimes people are just bad.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Count me in the opposed to the LOD idea. If you're going to do someone other than Darkseid, Despero or Amazo would work fine.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 176 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:55 pm

All they need to do to shut us up is just hire Michael Ironside as Darkseid. All I'm saying.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

TheSecondLex
cheese

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: alexeiluthor

Postby TheSecondLex » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Zechs wrote:All they need to do to shut us up is just hire Michael Ironside as Darkseid. All I'm saying.

:smt026 :smt005

Zechs I think I love you.
vinnypic wrote:War is necessary. Cops are necessary. One is a necessary evil. one is a necessary force of good. failure to grasp that distinction means you're a high functioning retard.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:

:smt026 :smt005

Zechs I think I love you.

Even more if they just reuse this scene. Nothing builds up Darkseid more than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RGP1ZnIqw

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Does the DCnU version still have the skirt?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:48 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Does the DCnU version still have the skirt?

:smt102 I think so.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 487 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Sinestro
Zod
Luthor

Boom. Other villains could be developed in parallel to the new characters introduced as rivals. If JL Doom could do it then a Hollywood director with a massively oversized salary has no excuses for failing to make it work.

They don't need to give us their life story, just establish them as the bad guys. Not every villain has to be complex, sometimes people are just bad.

Since we're getting Zod in Man of Steel, we had Sinestro just start to go bad in GL and we've seen Luthor EVERYWHERE... maybe we could go with:

Mongul
Brainaic
Doomsday

You could easily make one of those 3 the heavy in a JL movie.

Aside from that, fieldy is right on!

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum