Advertisement

Mark Millar Congratulates Rob Liefeld On Only Taking 20 Years To Reach 75 Issues Of Youngblood

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts

Mark Millar Congratulates Rob Liefeld On Only Taking 20 Years To Reach 75 Issues Of Youngblood

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Outhouse Exclusive - Mark Millar's Letter To Rob Liefeld

Source: None - we made it all up!

This Wednesday, January 2, 2013, marks an historic event; Youngblood hits issue #75!  Well, there is a Youngblood comic being published this week with the number 75 on it, this writer doesn’t feel like going through the math to see how Image and Rob Liefeld got to 75, and we all know that math is magic and they don’t have to explain it.

To mark this occasion, prolific writer, Mark Millar, penned a letter* to Rob Liefeld and we at The Outhouse (the greatest comic book website in the whole of creation) were able to obtain a copy.  Enjoy:

Dearest Rob,

I know that we haven’t spoken much since that morning oh so many summers ago but with your achievement of a 75th issue of one specific comic in under a quarter of a century inspired me to put pen to paper (as it were) and actually write something in a timely manner.  I know that you might think I hate you after the way we left things on that hilltop, but I don’t.  Truth is I was and still am in awe of you and your work ethic.  Old Man Logan had just been re-solicited for the 3rd time and Marvel had to bring in a fill in writer so that Wolverine would have at least one issue published in the last half of 2009 and they had the gall to insist that Kick Ass end sometime in 2010 so I made the hard choice to return to work and write up my next movie project.  I know that I made the right choice for both of us, but sometimes I think back on that magical weekend…

More importantly, my admiration for you has increased tenfold this week with the publication of Youngblood #75.  Figuring that it only took 20 years (240 months) to reach this milestone I cannot understand where you found the time to write .31 issues of Youngblood a month for so long.  You are not a young man anymore and probably shouldn’t be working that hard (I still worry about you).

75 issues!  Wow!  Just thinking about how long it would have taken Kick-Ass or even Old Man Logan to reach #75 gives me, Marvel, Diamond, and LCSs everywhere a migraine.  Remember the cluster-fudge that was Civil War?  We’d still be in the middle of that even if it were only as long as AvX and that is still 63 issues less than your Youngblood productivity.

You sir are a lion amongst men and I can only note my esteem so many times before it becomes repetitive (I’d kill for a splash page right now), so I’ll leave you with this one note: needs more superfluous violence and underage cursing.

Always yours,

Mark Millar

Powerful stuff, and we know that some of you will point out how Invincible, Walking Dead, Savage Dragon, Powers, and a whole host of other creator owned books reached #75 and even #100 at a much quicker pace than Youngblood, and to that we ask this; Were any of those creators in a jeans commercial?

No?  Then shut up.

In order:  Rob Liefeld, Rob Liefeld, Rob Liefeld, Ryan Ottley, and George Perez (I know, right!)

*by "penned a letter" we mean we made it up

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 311 posts

Re: Mark Millar Congratulates Rob Liefeld On Only Taking 20

Postby Draco x » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:55 pm

I wish I had thought of this as this is golden. I have much to learn from you guys here at Outhouse.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 549 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 pm

No WAY there's already 74 separate issues of Youngblood...

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 pm

HNutz wrote:No WAY there's already 74 separate issues of Youngblood...

Check out the front page post someone on Facebook broke it down.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 728 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Jeffrey Haas · University of Rhode Island
The math works like this. 22 issues of team youngblood. 10 issues of YB volume one. 14 issues of YB vol 2. Current YB issues 71-75, 11 issus of YB strikefile, and 11 issues of YB circa 2008. That's 75
1 · Unlike · Reply · Moderate · 4 hours ago
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:31 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Then where does Youngblood : Bloodsport 1 and Youngblood : Imperial 1 fit in? :smt102

Aeon Flux
Steroid User

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Aeon Flux » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 am

I'm amazing anyone really gives a damn enough to pay attention to it, much less write a funny letter about it.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 am

Aeon Flux wrote:I'm amazing anyone really gives a damn enough to pay attention to it, much less write a funny letter about it.

If it's about comics, we'll find a way to mock it. :smt026

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 225 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:17 am

We always have time to make fun of Rob. :D

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:20 am

GOSD wrote:We always have time to make fun of Rob. :D

I will say, in person, he's a really nice person. And he's got more artistic talent than I ever will. :oops: I screw up stick figures.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 225 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 am

Chesscub wrote:
I will say, in person, he's a really nice person. And he's got more artistic talent than I ever will. :oops: I screw up stick figures.

That's not the only thing you screw.. :groucho:

Yeah, Rob is nice guy but as a professional, he's a disaster.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 118 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 am

GOSD wrote:We always have time to make fun of Rob. :D

If you don't have the time, you have to make the time. :-D

Aeon Flux
Steroid User

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Aeon Flux » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:11 am

I suppose these are good points to keep in mind. We must always make time to belittle those that deserve it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand