Thursday, July 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Wonder Woman Joins the Fearless Defenders?!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Wonder Woman Joins the Fearless Defenders?!

Marvel plans to troll DC with a Wonder Woman analog in Fearless Defenders.

Source: CBR

Today, Marvel held one of their "Next Big Thing" conference calls to talk about the Fearless Defenders. The Outhouse, industry pariahs, were not invited. However, Marvel's marketing department, ComicBookResources, recapped the call, which featured an appearance by genetircally engineered super-writer Cullen Bunn and artist Will Sliney.

During the call, Bunn revealed that Hippolyta would be joining the book. Hippolyta is a character from Greek myth, the Marvel version of whom most recently appeared in a Hercules or Hercules-related storyline around the time of Dark Reign, where she was dead, a transient state in the Marvel Universe.

In Fearless Defenders, Hippolyta will be back as Warrior Woman, and bears a striking resemblance to a certain Amazonian warrior princess from the distinguished competition. Asked for comment on whether Marvel was purposely trying to rile up DC, Bunn, a man of many talents, responded with a battle rap:

My name's Cullen Bunn I got a pen that cuts!

Sucka ass writers can lick deez nuts!

Yo, DC, ya beefin' with Hippolyta?

Then ya fuckin' with Bunn, call yo healthcare provida!

Word!

Or at least we assume that's what he said. As we stated earlier, Marvel didn't invite us to the call. Jerks.

Fearless Defenders #1 hits stores in February. Check out the pictures of Wond... we mean Warrior Woman below.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 pm

this has "awful" written all over it. and i say that as a fan of Bunn.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Radical. And I say that as a word from the same era as that design.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:40 pm

This may finally top Silver Sorceress for having the dumbest helmet/headdress ever.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:51 pm

The Nacireman wrote:This may finally top Silver Sorceress for having the dumbest helmet/headdress ever.

somewhere, in a galaxy far, far away (Texas)...PT just popped an aneurysm.

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Once you get past the dreads, well I don't hate it. Is she royalty in the MU?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Yeah. She's a Royal Rip-Off :lol:

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Yeah. She's a Royal Rip-Off :lol:

:lol:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Yeah. She's a Royal Rip-Off :lol:

in this case rip-off = public domain :lol:

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:54 pm

That rap is awful, but I'll give you credit for even trying to rhyme 'Hippolyta.'

SilverPhoenix

Staff Writer

Postby SilverPhoenix » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Wow, what a disappointment and that's an understatement. Forget about Bunn bringing his Sixth Gun level game, he has to exceed it for this character NOT to be a waste of time and space.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Log-Man wrote:That rap is awful, but I'll give you credit for even trying to rhyme 'Hippolyta.'

If you think you have a better flow than Cullen Bunn let's hear it.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am

:smt102
I'll check it out

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 am

Black_Orchid wrote:Once you get past the dreads, well I don't hate it. Is she royalty in the MU?

Hippolyta is an Amazonian queen. DC didn't make that up. Actually, I think Marvel should introduce Amazons into their universe. It could be an interesting alternative to DC's. Could be interesting. Probably won't be.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:32 pm

David Bird wrote:
Hippolyta is an Amazonian queen. DC didn't make that up. Actually, I think Marvel should introduce Amazons into their universe. It could be an interesting alternative to DC's. Could be interesting. Probably won't be.

They have...

leave a comment with facebook