Advertisement

Marvel Threatens Ultimate Spider-Man Season 2

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Marvel has released a video threatening to release a second season of the cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man.

Source: Press Release

Last year, when it was announced that the popular Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon would be canceled and replaced with Avengers Assemble, a lot of fans directed their anger toward the other Marvel cartoon airing on Disney XD: Ultimate Spider-Man. Like Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man (needlessly) replaced another popular cartoon, Spectacular Spider-Man. Furthermore, many fans felt that the cartoon insulted their intelligence by being aimed at younger viewers.

"Why is this cartoon on the Disney Channel so dumbed down?" said one disgruntled fanboy via youtube video filmed at his headquarters in his mom's basement. "I'm thirty-six years old. I can handle more mature storytelling about spandex-clad superheroes punching each other in the face in an animated program on a network aimed at pre-teens."

Marvel, however, is going ahead with plans to release another season of USM, under the guidance of animation terrorist Jeph Loeb, and they have released a video showing some clips of the horrors that viewers will be forced to endure. Marvel has not yet released a list of their demands, but we can assume that they will be asking for a lot if this is the kind of family-friendly entertainment they intend to unleash on hundreds of angry fanboys if they are not met.

Here's the video, along with teaser text from Marvel:

On his journey to become the Ultimate Hero, Peter Parker has handled tough challenges. From learning to team up with fellow Super Heroes (including The Avengers!), to fighting baddies from across the Marvel Universe, to remembering to pick up groceries for Aunt May, Spidey thought he had things all webbed up.  Now in Season 2, his world's been turned upside down as his teammates become roommates, and they're left to face foes without the help of S.H.I.E.L.D. But when iconic Marvel villains like The Lizard, Kraven, Electro, the Rhino and Doc Ock team up to take on the young heroes, it's time for Spidey to discover the "great responsibility" of being a leader. Catch the one-hour SPECIAL PRIME TIME PREMIERE of Ultimate Spider-Man Season 2, January 21 at 7p/6c on Disney XD. And keep up with the team every Sunday at 11a/10c inside Marvel Universe.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 191 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Re: Marvel Threatens Ultimate Spider-Man Season 2

Postby GOSD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:52 pm

"This show sucks!" said GOSD's 9 year old son.

Fuck you, Loeb! :smt013

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Marvel would never be so cruel as to do that to us, would they?

Would they?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:Marvel would never be so cruel as to do that to us, would they?

Would they?

They're going to do it to Hulk and Avengers next. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 92 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm sure these changes will work as well as the second season of Up All Night have. :roll:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum