Advertisement

Robert Venditti On "Demon Knights"

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Robert Venditti On "Demon Knights"

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Robert Venditti On

The writer discusses what readers can look forward to as this title takes a twist

Source: Newsarama

Robert Venditti was a fairly new name to some DC readers, but his experience includes being part of the staff at Top Shelf, as well as currently writing the relaunch of X-O Manowar for Valiant.

With this week's Demon Knight #16, Venditti is creating a jumping-on point for the title, which he hopes will be one of the most unique in superhero comics. Set in the Medieval era of the DCU, it tells the story of the universe's earliest heroes with action and humor. This tone will continue however as of this issue the title moves 30 years into the future. Because some characters are immortal, this time-jump will individually affect  Exoristos, the Shining Knight, Horsewoman, Vandal Savage, and even the dynamic between Xanadu and Jason Blood. Things are going to be different when readers open up the pages to issue #16.

Both new and current readers can pick up Demon Knights #16 for a fresh start to the title, and Venditti promises that the departure of Paul Cornell doesn't mean it's undergoing a drastic change. Also Bernard Chang will stick around as artist. And this title will continue to stay within overall continuity as it acts as a deep history of DCU events.

He also addresses his work on Constantine and how it affected this title:

"I began writing Demon Knights with a finite story in mind, but DC liked my ideas and scripts so much they asked me to stay on the title. That put me in the position of having more books on my schedule than I was comfortable writing. Dan DiDio, Bob Harras and I talked and decided Constantine was the one to let go. I'm sorry to lose a chance to work on the character, but it ended up being the best possible solution."

Coming up in future issues:

Issue 16 features Vandal Savage.

Issue 17 continues with Savage and also introduces a new character who will be Horsewoman’s new horse.

I, Vampire characters Andrew Bennett and Mary Seward, who were both turned into a vampires in the Middle Ages, will be tied-in to this title.

Jason Blood and Etrigan are key to the first two issues of the new arc and play a major role throughout. As to how will surprise some readers.

Below check out the covers to Demon Knights #18 and 19.

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 327 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Robert Venditti On

Postby Amoebas » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Suddenly I'm not as worried about the title as I was before I read this.

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby covalesky » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 pm

Can you smell awesome souce in the making? Neither can i, but I yave high hopes that it is being made.

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Anyone pick it up? I thought it was ok under Cornell, but I dropped it around issue 7 or so. I read the first two issues of Venditti's XO series and really enjoyed it, so I'm a little hopeful.

Aeon Flux
Steroid User

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Aeon Flux » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 pm

The first issue was pretty good. Mostly set-up, but I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 151 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Horsewoman needs a new horse? :-D :lol:

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Maybe she wore out the old one ? :groucho:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand