Advertisement

First Look at Iron Man 3.75'" Line from Hasbro

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

First Look at Iron Man 3.75'" Line from Hasbro

Postby LOLtron » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 pm

First Look at Iron Man 3.75'

Here's your first look at Hasbro's Iron Man 3 3.75" action figure line nicknamed Assemblers.

Source: 3.75" Iron Man 3 Assemblers Figures Hi-Res Images

Marvelous News has gotten the first look at the new toy line which showcases the new gimmick Hasbro will be pushing for the toy-line. Sadly, the toy line continues where last year's Avengers movie-line started with the emphasis on toy gimmick than articulation.  Though more of Hasbro's Iron Man 3 line will be revealed at New York Toy Fair next month here's a look at three of the figures: Iron Man, War Machine, and Iron Patriot.

The gimmick for this line is the interchangable hands, legs, heads, and weapons as shown in the pictures to supposedly deliver customization. However, as you can note in the pictures there are zero joints on the legs. These figures will start showing up on shelves Febuary 11th for the highway robbery price of $9.99 each. The movie Iron Man 3 will be out two months later on May 3rd.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Re: First Look at Iron Man 3.75'" Line from Hasbro

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:24 pm

I don't know, I think kids will eat these up. But I'm not as much up on the toy market as you, so I could be completely off-base here.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:30 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I don't know, I think kids will eat these up. But I'm not as much up on the toy market as you, so I could be completely off-base here.

They might but for $5. You could go to a dollar store and get the same toy and quality but it's not Iron Man. So are Hasbro really paying an additional $5 just for the licensing fee? :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Plus you get three instead of one. Jeez.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 pm

The Iron Man with the arrow on the chest looks interesting. But otherwise nothing excites me here.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Zechs
Staff Writer

Postby Zechs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 am

syxxpakk wrote:Plus you get three instead of one. Jeez.

Exactly. I mean the gimmick is sound but they should be in a three pack. Not carded off in single packs trying to milk consumers' wallets. Why G.I. Joe fans complained like hell when they first saw pictures of the first wave of Retaliation figures. Hence Hasbro got that part of their house in order with dropping the gimmicks after the third wave and focusing on why fans by freaking G.I. Joe. Troop building, ninjas, and figures with an insane amount of weapons.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am

I'm sorry, but these figures look like shit. No thanks.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 am

these figures aren't for us though.. they are for kids... they are doing a line of Marvel Legends (actually two i think) for the movie with a comic accurate Iron Monger as the build a figure.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:44 am

e_galston wrote:these figures aren't for us though.. they are for kids... they are doing a line of Marvel Legends (actually two i think) for the movie with a comic accurate Iron Monger as the build a figure.

I get that...to a point. But my kids got to get in on the early Spider-Man figures and Marvel Legends. I don't think kids should have to settle for inferior crap that resemble aftermarket flea market/dollar store merch.

Zechs
Staff Writer

Postby Zechs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:37 pm

e_galston wrote:these figures aren't for us though.. they are for kids... they are doing a line of Marvel Legends (actually two i think) for the movie with a comic accurate Iron Monger as the build a figure.

Yeah but you can go to a flea market or dollar store get the same toy with same articulation for less a price and you get three figures. Hasbro started this downward trend since last year in all four of their major toy divisions (Marvel, Star Wars, Joe, and Transformers). The good news is for the later is they're making better figures again, but on the downside also releasing some of the most horrific (Beast Hunters I'm looking at you).

Why G.I. Joe fans flipped on Hasbro for their cheap ass tactics during the first wave of G.I. Joe Retaliation. When you're getting a figure that has worse articulation then the ones you made originally in the 80s you have a problem. Why later figures won't feel like they've been made in the stone age.

I'm almost surprised collectors of Star Wars haven't flipped yet either since they've been de-evolved into the levels of 1970s articulation/paint jobs and yet cost double the price $9.99. That's inexcusable. At least freaking Mattel is up front with their cheap ass figures at times costing 5.99 or with their stupid gimmicks $9.99. At least you know you're paying for the cheap ass gimmick.

Why some collectors are starting to jump ship to the foreign market (Takara) or third party. They're getting sick of the cheap ass and stupid gimmicks. More they're also getting tired of paying so damn much for the good figures.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand