Advertisement

Pilot Ordered: The Sixth Gun

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 am

NBC has ordered a pilot based on Oni Press’ "The Sixth Gun" comic book.

Source: NBC Orders a Pilot for The Sixth Gun

It was announced yesterday that NBC has ordered a pilot for The Sixth Gun; a comic book series created by Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt publisehd by Oni Press.   Carlton Cuse (Lost) produced the pilot and Ryan Condal wrote the script.

No word yet on how badly NBC is going to mess this up and ruin an almost perfect story.  Nor are there any Vegas odds on whether this will be aired before Brian Michael Bendis’ long promised Powers pilot for FX.

Stay tuned to The Outhousers, once called "The greatest website of all space and time" by The Doctor, for any updates.

Until then, we can take solace in that Cullen Bunn, friend of the site, is doing well and that independent creators and publishers are gaining well disserved attention.

If you suck and aren’t reading The Sixth Gun here is the official synopsis from http://www.cullenbunn.com:

During the darkest days of the Civil War, wicked cutthroats came into possession of six pistols of otherworldly power. In time, the Sixth Gun, the most dangerous of the weapons, vanished. When the gun surfaces in the hands of an innocent girl, dark forces reawaken. Vile men thought long dead set their sights on retrieving the gun and killing the girl. Only Drake Sinclair, a gunfighter with a shadowy past, stands in their way.

So, yea, get on buying that you fools!

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Pilot Ordered: The Sixth Gun

Postby covalesky » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:55 pm

This could be epic.

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Not on NBC.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:39 pm

After producing so many terrible shows lately, NBC has to get something right eventually...don't they?

I really want to start reading Sixth Gun, I just wish they would release a hardcover collection! I know that the moment I start buying the trades, a hardcover will be announced.
ImageImageImage

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 988 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm

There is no way this will be successful on NBC. This needed to be on AMC, HBO, Starz, FX or Showtime. Whatever happened to this: On July 22, 2011 it was announced that The Sixth Gun will be adapted into a six part mini-series to air on the SyFy channel.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 966 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:There is no way this will be successful on NBC. This needed to be on AMC, HBO, Starz, FX or Showtime. Whatever happened to this: On July 22, 2011 it was announced that The Sixth Gun will be adapted into a six part mini-series to air on the SyFy channel.

Syfy is part of NBC/Universal, so it could be that's where NBC plans to air it, or it could be they moved it to NBC itself.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Syfy is part of NBC/Universal, so it could be that's where NBC plans to air it, or it could be they moved it to NBC itself.

Sixth Gun would have a better chance of reaching a larger audience if it were broadcast on NBC instead of SyFy. I'm pretty sure at this point when most people think of SyFy they think of Sharktopus and Piranhaconda instead of shows like Battlestar Galactica or Eureka.
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 155 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 pm

As long as FOX greenlights the Gun Machine series and doesn't f**k it up I'll be happy.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 988 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 am

Grayson wrote:
Sixth Gun would have a better chance of reaching a larger audience if it were broadcast on NBC instead of SyFy. I'm pretty sure at this point when most people think of SyFy they think of Sharktopus and Piranhaconda instead of shows like Battlestar Galactica or Eureka.

It might have a better chance of reaching a larger audience but it will also have a higher chance of getting cancelled. On NBC it would be lucky to finish out the first season, while on Syfy it would most likely see multiple seasons. I just can't imagine the Sixth Gun being successful on network TV. On network TV people want the same old shit. The show can be much edgier and truer to the comics on cable.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:It might have a better chance of reaching a larger audience but it will also have a higher chance of getting cancelled. On NBC it would be lucky to finish out the first season, while on Syfy it would most likely see multiple seasons. I just can't imagine the Sixth Gun being successful on network TV. On network TV people want the same old shit. The show can be much edgier and truer to the comics on cable.

It's a double edged sword really. On one hand, it may have a better chance of reaching multiple seasons on SyFy but on the other hand it may have a larger budget on NBC. The more I think about it, the more I agree with what you said earlier, shows like this should just go to channels like AMC, FX, HBO, or Showtime.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum