Friday, July 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC to Compete with Outhouse, Bleeding Cool with Channel 52

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 am

DC to Compete with Outhouse, Bleeding Cool with Channel 52

The company will launch it's own trashy comics news site on the back page of its comic books.

Source: CBR

CBR reported today on an advertisement appearing in this week's DC Comics, which CBR has early access to by merit of being a virtual extension of DC and Marvel's marketing department.  The ad, pictured below, advertises Channel 52, a new promotional page that promises "all of the news" and "some of the facts," which puts it firmly in the territory of sites like The Outhouse or Bleeding Cool, indicating DC plans to shamelessly report on rumors and gossip and, occasionally, actual news.

"I got the idea from my secretary, Rich Johnston in drag," said DC head honcho Dan Didio. "It turns out she's really good at writing trashy comics news, which is surprising, because I have absolutely no idea that she's actually Rich Johnston hiding in plain site in order to steal all of DC's secret announcements and spoil them on his website before we get the chance to publish them ourselves."

There is no official word from DC, but the ad seems to imply that the "news" will be "reported" by ficitonal comic book characters such as Steve Lombard and Cat Grant, which would be another similarity with the Outhouse, where our news is reported by fictional characters like Jude Terror and Zechs.

The Outhouse would like to assure our readers that we are happy to share our territory with DC comics, and we most certainly will not find Dan Didio at the next comic convention and get into a catfight with him, pulling his mustache hair and scratching at him with our nails. Probably.

Channel 52 will be a weekly feature of some sort, and replaces the current DC All Access feature that runs in all of DC's comics.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:46 pm

So wait is this supposed to be a website or comic? :smt017

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Zechs wrote:So wait is this supposed to be a website or comic? :smt017

I'm pretty sure that this is supposed to replace the page(s) that DC puts in the back of all of their books.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm

More like a feature at the end of their titles each week

This week, DC Comics appears to be changing its promotional strategy on that front with a new "Channel 52" feature that's popped up in the back of this week's new titles. The teaser ad features art by Freddie E. Williams II with what appears to be Superman supporting characters/Daily Planet reporters Steve Lombard and Cat Grant alongside Ambush Bug and Calendar Man.

The ad appears to herald the replacement of "DC Comics: All Access" – the current feature that caps the end of each DCU title. In the past, the publisher has had promotional outreach in their books including the longtime "Direct Currents" column and most recently a "DC Nation" feature which along with "All Access" effectively took the spot of a traditional letters column at DC.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 pm

I said that in the article. :x

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I said that in the article. :x

what did I tell you yesterday?

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Ambush Bug? Ambush Bug! Somewhere Giffen is cursing.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Anyone else notice Calender Man back there?? WTF?

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Ummm.... I hope this isn't serious, as the Internet trumps all for news

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 pm

So they get their own omg! Insider. :roll:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:12 am

avengingtitan wrote:Anyone else notice Calender Man back there?? WTF?

Yeah, he's the "Lifestyles" correspondent. And the mustache guy ? Not Steve Lombard. It's Vartox, handling off-planet events .. and sports :lol:

leave a comment with facebook