Advertisement

Mind MGMT Might Make the Move to Movie Screens

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 319 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Matt Kindt's psychological thriller has been optioned for a feature film by Ridley Scott's production company.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Matt Kindt's Mind MGMT #1 is one of the best ongoing series on the stands right now.  That's relevant right now because apparently, the comic, published by Dark Horse, just might become a movie. According (exclusively) to The Hollywood Reporter, Ridley Scott's Scott Free production company has picked up the comic. Quoth the Reporter:

The book centers on a government agency consisting of psychic spies and their greatest asset, a man named Henry Lime. After he suffers a breakdown and loses control of his abilities, causing the populace of a town to kill each other, he goes on the run. Several years later, a true crime author named Meru, who was part of a flight where everyone mysteriously developed amnesia, is saved by Lime and begins to investigate the agency, uncovering her own secret connection to it.

A search for a writer to adapt is underway.

The article states that the project doesn't have a director just yet either. Still too soon for all that. 

Written or Contributed by Royal Nonesuch

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1241 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Mind MGMT Might Make the Move to Movie Screens

Postby Grayson » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:31 pm

I finally broke down and purchased the first issue of this series as my first digital comic purchase. It was a little confusing at first but that had more to do with my fumbling through the digital app than the actual book. In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I know that I can find the remaining single issues at my comic shop. I look forward to hearing more details about this project, hopefully soon.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum