Advertisement

Hamill & Fisher approached for Star Wars Episode VII

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Could Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher reprise their roles for Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in the next Star Wars movie?

Source: Entertainment Tonight

After the news of Harrison Ford expressing interest in returning to Star Wars (though nothing has been confirmed on that yet), now Mark Hamill told Entertainment Tonight that George Lucas asked if Hamill or Fisher were interested.

George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts – they would write us out. … I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am.

Hamill says he knows next to nothing about what the next movie will entail, saying he learns more from the media about the new trilogy than from Lucasfilm.  He wasn't even aware that Lucas was doing a deal with Disney when he approached them about doing the next trilogy.  He assumes that the movies would be focused on their offspring, with Luke playing more of an Obi-Wan type character.  On his thoughts for returning to the role:

I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous – in my opinion, anyway. And another thing I'd want to make sure of is are we going to have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee and Tony Daniels, everybody that's around from the original [returning]? I want to make sure that everybody's on board here, rather than just one. I guess I'll have to tune into your show to figure out who's on board.

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum